Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I use my 2007 King Cab Titan to tow a bout. This weekend I used it to haul some dirt and there were two heavy loads in the box. First one - no problem. The second one the front end loader dropped with a rear bias relative to the box - it put a lot of pressure on the tailgate. When I got home the tailgate would not drop - I had to shovel it out by hand. Apparently the latch / lock something is jammed in there and my best efforts have not been able to free it.

I saved $500 by doing this dirt work myself - I'd prefer not to spend it on tailgate repairs if I can help it!!!

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
Easy fix. Undo the cover on your tailgate by removing the screws with a Phillips head. Then lift it up and look at your latching mechanism. Will see an arm. Reach down an flip that back in place. Dunno why it does it but it seems to do that whenever in a bind.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Herc - exactly what I was looing for. Sounds like affix simple enough even for me so I'll take care of it ASAP.

Just got back from out of town and Aplylery yes the symptmons are very much like it's lock. But I know it was not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts