Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, I damaged my tailgate a while back, buried the trailer jack into the top of it while backing into my drive with the tailgate down(I know, I know). Been looking for a new one, or actually a used one, and when asked if I have the utility bed or not, it seems there is a substantial difference between the two styles of beds, at least price wise. I have been quoted at $750, $450 delivered to my door, amongst a couple other numbers. I am looking to spend around $100. Doesn't even to have to have the hardware. Just the shell, and color is unimportant, I have family that paints cars for a living. Back to my initial question, what is the difference between tailgates for with utility bed and without? I googled it, and didn't have any success. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I don't think there are any differences in tailgates other than the design change in 2014 (may be wrong year, can't remember exactly when they changed it). From 2005+ they have the dampened assist.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Check out a junk yard. Might get lucky and get one in good condition.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The quote for $750 was a junkyard about 35 minutes north of me. I also checked LKQ Take-a-Part, the only nissans they have are altimas. I looked at the possibility of putting a fifth wheel tailgate on it, but good grief, those are almost as expensive. Yeah, I did look at ebay as well, I can get a new one, unfinished with no hardware for $250.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts