Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I never needed to lock the tailgate nor have I ever tried since I bought it used. I was only given 1 key and I'm in the market to buy a trifold tonneau cover. I tried locking the tailgate and it doesn't turn? Does it require a different key? I did search for new keys/locking cylinders and start around $40 but I wanted to see first if this is a common problem and if there's an easy fix before ordering a replacement?

·
Registered
919 Posts
There is a mod on here to hook it up to your electric locks with an actuator. You could pull the panel off the tailgate and take a look at what your dealing with. Your going to have to do it anyway to fix it. Maybe you can see the problem or somebody replaced the tailgate and the key is different.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a mod on here to hook it up to your electric locks with an actuator. You could pull the panel off the tailgate and take a look at what your dealing with. Your going to have to do it anyway to fix it. Maybe you can see the problem or somebody replaced the tailgate and the key is different.
You're right! I bought the truck used and I can tell they got the tailgate off another truck because there's a small scratch and there's red paint underneath the silver paint. Looks like I can replace the lock cylinder for $36!
Nissan Titan (2004-2012). #K34777S20J: Cyl & keys. LOCK CYLINDER. Tailgate Lock..

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Also, just wondering...did you only get a "valet key" when you bought the truck. I don't think it will open the tailgate.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I got was one key lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts