Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title asks, what's the tallest tire I can fit on a set of oem 20s with a PRG mini lift (3.5"/1.5")? I've read tons of posts and nowhere could I find my answer to my set up, sorry if I missed them. I've read 305/55/20 should work all day with no modifications (pwm/take off mudflaps) but that's 33.2/12 and I'd like to get to 34" if possible. Will 295/60/20 work, being 33.9/11.6? I have read 275/65/20 worked but I'd like to be wider than 275/stock.
To the people who have already been through this, what seems to cause the rubbing first, height or width with the oem 20s? Wondering if by going a little more narrow will yield me the height I want with out modifying.

Here are the rims I picked up. 20x8 Smoke grey, they look darker in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i guess no one has ran 295/60's on stock 20s? I thought I read some where on here that someone said they ran 295/70 on oem 18s on a similar kit with out rubbing issues, so I'm wondering if I could away with 295/60/20....

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have those same rims. I had the dealer take them off another titan and throw them on mine. They are about a perfect match to my grey truck. I have 275 60 r20 duratracs on there. I only have a 1 inch lift all around. I think I could go a little bigger without my mud flaps, as I have a decent amount of room all around.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a nice set up. How do you like the duratracs? How loud are they on the highway? I'm looking for a tire that's AT but not too loud on the highway cause I do most of my driving there. Depending on what size I lock in on will dictate my options but right now I'm looking at Terra grappler G2, Toyo all country at2, duratracs, and cooper discovery st/maxx in 295/60/20 size. Does anybody else like another tire? I like BFG KO2 but they don't come in 295/60/20 size.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Duratracs have good road manners and they aren't too bad on the highway the hum is tolerable, it's there, but I don't have to turn the radio way up to drown it out or anything. To me, they don't seem any worse than the Cooper at3's I had on my last titan, that weren't nearly as an aggressive tire.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the feedback, I really like the aggressive look of the duratracs. Since nothing I have read has lead me to believe that 295/60s will work without issues but that 305/55s will definitely work, I kinda leaning towards the bfg ko2 right now. I wonder how the nittos terra grapplers g2 ride/road noise is? They seem like a descent tire as well.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm going with the ko2 in a 34 12.5R20. Factory rims.. I have the level kit up front and a 1.5 add a leaf in the back all ready have the mud flaps off I'm trying to figure out weather or not to get 1.5 wheel adapters or not I'm fine with doing some trimming

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will most likely need to do the pwm as well. Not sure if you want spacers cause I thought I read that pushing the wheels out like that will definitely cause rubbing issues even after doing the mudflaps and pwm. I could be wrong though. Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Posting this for anyone in the future who sees this thread and is curious with my results.
I ended up ordering BFG TA KO2 (10 ply Load Rated "E") 305/55/20 tires and I couldn't be happier with the end results. Again these were put on Factory oem 20" smoke grey rims off a 2015 Titan (I believe) which are 8" wide rims with zero issues. Originally the shop put the tire pressures at 35psi but I later bumped them up to 40psi cause they felt a little on the "mushy" side for my driving style. So far the ride has been better than stock with little added road noise if any at all yet (will change I'm sure as they ware) but with more steering sensitivity which I didn't expect but is welcomed (probably from going to a much wider tire). I also have zero rubbing with the factory splash guards nor the pinch weld area.
Again, I couldn't be happier right now with my end result. :devil:

Attachments

Reactions: dreep

·
Registered
131 Posts
i just installed Nitto G2 295/60/20 on a set of 20x10, -19mm BMF SOTA wheels.
they run great, except for a minor rub on the outside edge during hard turn.
I have the RC 3" lift. when I turn left about 70-80% full turn the outside edge of the tread on the left tire rubs, same for the right when turning right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a nice setup. I was going to get the G2 in that size but I ended up with the BFGs.
Do you think it's your offset causing the rubbing or the added .7" diameter difference from my setup? I have zero rubbing from either side lock to lock. I have about 5/8" gap from the tire to mudflaps.

·
Registered
131 Posts
yeah- its my offset, if I stop and turn the wheel I can continue to full lock and not rub, its just at a certain angle I rub. but totally worth it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great to know! If the BFG KO2 came in 295/60/20 I would have gotten that size but unfortunately they don't and not many do in an AT type tire from what I could find. I really liked the G2 but my past experience with the original KOs on my Bronco swayed me towards the newer KO2. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great to know! If the BFG KO2 came in 295/60/20 I would have gotten that size but unfortunately they don't and not many do in an AT type tire from what I could find. I really liked the G2 but my past experience with the original KOs on my Bronco swayed me towards the newer KO2. Thanks for the info!
Are you doing a PWM on your setup or running full stock with 305's?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts