Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Feniex Puck Lights mounted under the exterior mirrors as part of the emergency equipment on my '18 Titan. The lights have Red LED's that flash horizontally when in Emergency mode but also have a White LED that faces down and can be used as a courtesy/puddle light. The red and white LED's have separate power inputs but share a negative ground wire. The +12v and the negative for the Red LED run to the siren/light controller. I want to trigger the white LED courtesy/puddle light to come on with the interior lights such as when the doors are unlocked with the FOB or when opening the door. I have the connector to tap the auxiliary connector behind the passenger kick panel and have determined that the Yellow wire is the switched negative for the interior light that I want to use as the trigger. My question is how can I trigger +12v to the White LED wire and use the shared negative that is connected to the siren controller to turn on the courtesy/puddle light? I tried using a relay to convert the negative trigger to a +12v output ( https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram8.html) but that didn't work. I am wondering if the negative isn't strong enough to trigger the relay. Do I need to add another relay to first create a "strong" negative and connect that to the relay to trigger the +12v output or am I overthinking this and missing something obvious?

I did a test using the constant +12v red wire in the auxiliary connect and the yellow wire to the (tapped) negative from the puck light and the white light comes on but the interior lights won't turn off after shutting the doors.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts