Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey does anyone know where there is a step by step guide for this?
Im going to do it this comming weekend, but i need a bit more info.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I simply reversed direction of the flow though the TB, to get the hoses to lay in place better. Function is identical to what you see here.

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/sho...ghlight=TitanBlue+Reverse+Valve+TB+Bypass+Mod

It takes:
2 Brass Ball Valves, 1/4" FPT x FPT
2 Brass Elbows, 1/4" MPT x FPT
4 Brass Hose Barb Adapters, 1/4" MPT x 5/16" Hose Barb
8 Hose Clamps, the smallest ones they have will fit the 5/16" Hose (~1/2" O.D.)
2' of 5/16" Fuel Hose. You'll have plenty left over.
Teflon Tape

·
Registered
8 Posts
Excellent, thanks alot man.
I just did the air box mod, and this is next on my liist.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did the throttle body bypass yesterday and I threw a check engine light today. I went to the part store and had them check the code, it something to do with the cooling system. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I have a 2008 4x4 if that helps at all. I also just put a CAI on the other day. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well I cleared the code following the instructions I found on another thread and it has not come back on after a few day nor has there been any other issues! I guess it was just a fluke of some sort.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Reactions: kdo2milger

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Parts list, all parts from Ace Hardware;
1 - 1/4" Brass ball valve
2 - Male 1/4 X 5/16" Barbed brass adapters
2 - 5/16" Hose clamps
1 - (18") 5/16" ID fuel injection hose
1 - Roll of Teflon tape

5 minute engine idle before and Intake temp reading from my BDGT was 117 degrees Fahrenheit

8 minute engine idle after and Intake temp reading from my BDGT was 100 degrees Fahrenheit

both were done at an OAT of 72 degrees Fahrenheit

Here is a couple of before and after pics of my throttle body bypass:

going to throw on some zip ties tomorrow

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
/would like to do this just kind of confused? so there are only two parts that i connect the wire too and then the ball valve?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
so all i need to do is remove the stock tube, replace with new tube and put ball valve in place and close ball valve

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
what is the difference of this and the one in your sig?

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
so all i need to do is remove the stock tube, replace with new tube and put ball valve in place and close ball valve
Correct. I went bv route and that's what I did. Some say it's over kill, but who wants to be the one off, that had their valve get frozen?? Not me.

Sent from Goree's Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
what is the difference of this and the one in your sig?
no difference just 2 ways of skinning the cat so to speak...the bpv is the more expensive way and imo the safest way bc in the winter i can open up the valve a little to allow coolant into the tb plate.

really depends on your winter climate if its needed or if its enough just to do the hose and caps

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
ya it seems safer in my opinion compared to capping it ill swing by auto zone and check it out tomorrow, also do you see any gains with your grounding kit?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
ya it seems safer in my opinion compared to capping it ill swing by auto zone and check it out tomorrow, also do you see any gains with your grounding kit?
i do have lower idle rpms confirmed thru my bdgt and smoother shifting...gas mileage went up by .1 so i didn't bother mentioning it...i think the grounding kit was worth it...if you decide on it PM him to arrange it thru PP it should save you a few bucks

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
oh and with the tb bypass my mpg went up by .4 so i did see a noticeable gain in mileage there...so with the tb bypass and the grounding kit combined i got a .5 mpg increase...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
great review i need to make this happen.. thanks for the idea

21 - 40 of 60 Posts