Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SORT OF A Noob question but what exactly does a throttlebody spacer do?? I am thinking bout throwing a k&n intake on my truck .. is it a good idea to get a throttle body spacer when upgrading??

any input would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
paulsen7158 said:
SORT OF A Noob question but what exactly does a throttlebody spacer do?? I am thinking bout throwing a k&n intake on my truck .. is it a good idea to get a throttle body spacer when upgrading??

any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Not sure what the TBS actually does but wanted to tell you to re-consider the K&N. There are many intakes for the TITAN that put out more horsepower. The AEM, for example puts out 10 more ponies than the K&N. Volant and Injen are better as well. :cheers:

·
Registered
55 Posts
the tbs put about a one inch space to better atomize the in coming air. also it has screw type grooves cut into it to spin the air and ram it into the throttle body.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I have the Helix Power Tower TBS with the AEM Brute Force CAI. As stated above, the TBS creates a vortex with the incoming air which creates a better flow through the throttle body. This in turn creates a whistle from the throttle body. Just a heads up, it is noticeable and some people think it is annoying. Personally I like the sound and if I don't want to hear it anymore I just turn up the music. It is hard to say if the TBS really makes a difference with power. Some say it does, some say it doesn't. There are plenty of threads on here discussing this issue so check them out as well. I would also highly recommend the AEM Brute Force over the K&N. Have a good one!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yeah I agree with blackpro like he said, I have the 77series from k&n, Sounds nice and all but Couldnt tell a bit of increase in erformance, only 7.25 from the 77series, I have the helix spacer and was actually able to feel a diff with that and not the intake. Ive been thinking of getting a better intake latley

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think the TBS is snake oil. I've seen alot of data on them and they seem bogus. I think you'd be better off painting your engine block red.

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
It can't hurt. I just got mine recently & I can notice a difference, though combined with the intake. I think mine helps. Sound awesome too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts