Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the P7HDMLR dual headrest DVD system from James and installed yesterday. The video quality is excellent and the install was quite easy. There isn't (yet) an exact match for my '08 Almond cloth interior but with the help of James and Myron/Davis I was able to find a close match with stock Hummer H2 cloth. You'll see in the pictures it's not quite the same as the stock seat but looks pretty darn good and the manufacturer offered to replace it when the stock Nissan cloth becomes available ( :thumbsup: to these guys for their awesome customer service!) I didn't take pictures during the actual install but here's a brief description of the install process. I was very happy to find that I didn't need to pull the seats out to do the install! Total time to install was 1 hour 15 minutes.

Parts/tools used during install:
4 Screwdrivers
3 automotive electrical T-splices
Utility knife
Needle-nose pliers

1. Pull the old headrests and toss them in a box for storage
2. Fold up the back seats for extra room to work in the back seat area
3. Remove tray from passengers seat by pulling down and out on the top. There are 2 tabs that will release enough to fish the wires down through the seat.
4. Route the 2 wires (1 power & 1 FM modulator wire) around the seat base allowing enough slack to raise the headrest as well as move the seat forward and back.
5. Repeat step 4 on drivers seat which in my case had a zipper on the rear of the seat for easy access. Unzip (if equipped) and route the wires.
6. Open the rear seat center console cup holder.
7. I chose to tap into the power from the rear power outlet, cigarette lighter, whatever it's called these days. I was able to access the power wires by removing the rear cup holder assembly. To remove the assembly I needed 4 screwdrivers total. There is one large plastic 'lip' in the top of the assembly which required 2 screwdrivers to be wedged in each side at the same time, next secure 2 screwdrivers onto the plastic clips located on each side of the cup assembly. With all of the screwdrivers in place I was able to get the console to pop out by pulling out on the top. (When reinstalling place the bottom in first then push in on the top)
8. ENSURE IGNITION KEY IS IN THE OFF POSITION. The rear power outlet does not have constant power so as long as the ignition is in the off position there is no power to the plug.
9. Using needle nose pliers remove the snap in power plug from the rear of the console power outlet. The pliers need to clamp down on the grey plastic clip located on the top of the snap in style plug.
10. Using a utility knife cut away about 1.5 inches of the black plastic insulation from the wires that supply power to the rear outlet. Be careful not to cut into the wires inside.
11. Using 18-22guage automotive T-splices I plugged the power supply for the DVD head units into the stock wiring. The stock wiring is blue (+) and black (-).
12. Plug Cig lighter power supply back into the rear of the outlet.
13. Lastly there are (2) FM modulators; 1 for each headrest. I routed these under the seat and rails and with supplied velcro/2-sided tape I mounted them to the center console between the seat.
14. Wrap up wires, wiretie them and tuck them into the extra space under the center console.
15. Test System for power, functionality
16. Snap cup holder assembly back into the console

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
johng_30 said:
Ordered the P7HDMLR dual headrest DVD system from James and installed yesterday. The video quality is excellent and the install was quite easy. There isn't (yet) an exact match for my '08 Almond cloth interior but with the help of James and Myron/Davis I was able to find a close match with stock Hummer H2 cloth. You'll see in the pictures it's not quite the same as the stock seat but looks pretty darn good and the manufacturer offered to replace it when the stock Nissan cloth becomes available ( :thumbsup: to these guys for their awesome customer service!) I didn't take pictures during the actual install but here's a brief description of the install process. I was very happy to find that I didn't need to pull the seats out to do the install! Total time to install was 1 hour 15 minutes.

Parts/tools used during install:
4 Screwdrivers
3 automotive electrical T-splices
Utility knife
Needle-nose pliers

1. Pull the old headrests and toss them in a box for storage
2. Fold up the back seats for extra room to work in the back seat area
3. Remove tray from passengers seat by pulling down and out on the top. There are 2 tabs that will release enough to fish the wires down through the seat.
4. Route the 2 wires (1 power & 1 FM modulator wire) around the seat base allowing enough slack to raise the headrest as well as move the seat forward and back.
5. Repeat step 4 on drivers seat which in my case had a zipper on the rear of the seat for easy access. Unzip (if equipped) and route the wires.
6. Open the rear seat center console cup holder.
7. I chose to tap into the power from the rear power outlet, cigarette lighter, whatever it's called these days. I was able to access the power wires by removing the rear cup holder assembly. To remove the assembly I needed 4 screwdrivers total. There is one large plastic 'lip' in the top of the assembly which required 2 screwdrivers to be wedged in each side at the same time, next secure 2 screwdrivers onto the plastic clips located on each side of the cup assembly. With all of the screwdrivers in place I was able to get the console to pop out by pulling out on the top. (When reinstalling place the bottom in first then push in on the top)
8. ENSURE IGNITION KEY IS IN THE OFF POSITION. The rear power outlet does not have constant power so as long as the ignition is in the off position there is no power to the plug.
9. Using needle nose pliers remove the snap in power plug from the rear of the console power outlet. The pliers need to clamp down on the grey plastic clip located on the top of the snap in style plug.
10. Using a utility knife cut away about 1.5 inches of the black plastic insulation from the wires that supply power to the rear outlet. Be careful not to cut into the wires inside.
11. Using 18-22guage automotive T-splices I plugged the power supply for the DVD head units into the stock wiring. The stock wiring is blue (+) and black (-).
12. Plug Cig lighter power supply back into the rear of the outlet.
13. Lastly there are (2) FM modulators; 1 for each headrest. I routed these under the seat and rails and with supplied velcro/2-sided tape I mounted them to the center console between the seat.
14. Wrap up wires, wiretie them and tuck them into the extra space under the center console.
15. Test System for power, functionality
16. Snap cup holder assembly back into the console
Those look great. great write up as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts