Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so stoked, the subs showed up the other day and they look AMAZING. This guy is a master.

I got the matching Sundown amp, the upgraded T 0ga wiring kit, and a 2.2 Farad capacitor.

I also bought one of those Scosche deals that allow you to hook up subs/ amp to your factory stereo, but when it showed up it looked super-crappy. So now I'm debating getting the MTX Re-Q, anyone had experience with this particular piece? I'm also going to put in a bass knob to control the line level from the RE-Q(?) to the amp, so I can dial these bad boys up and down.

Whether I try to do the install myself or have a local shop handle it, I'd like to make sure everything is in order beforehand. Other than what's mentioned, is there anything else I'll likely need for the install? Or, if you guys have anything else to recommend, please do.

Thanks, my T brethren!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FAHK THAT BOX LOOKS [email protected]!!! WOW!!! I'm interested to hear those bad boys...you gonna have the audio done by the Silver Strand Meet???
I won't be able to get my T to the west coast until the end of summer. :crying:
My first meet will probably be the Texas one coming up.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I won't be able to get my T to the west coast until the end of summer. :crying:
My first meet will probably be the Texas one coming up.
ok, cool... I was messin' with ya about coming out for the SS Meet, but it would be great for ya to come out west to visit us CA folks... I guess, I'll havta to wait for a youtube vid...

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:teethmast No problem.

I think when I do bring her out there in August I'm gonna find a train to haul it/ ride on. Going West from here is the worst...cuz half of it is TEXAS.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
:teethmast No problem.

I think when I do bring her out there in August I'm gonna find a train to haul it/ ride on. Going West from here is the worst...cuz half of it is TEXAS.
I heard driving across Texas is a chore... I haven't had the opportunity to do so, but could imagine it's like driving from San Diego up to Seattle, which I've done when I was a young GI... and it was not a fun drive at all...

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's one thing I forgot to ask. I'd like a yellow top Optima, but the install will have to wait longer for the funds. Will a red top work, since I have a cap?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Odyssey is expensive, but worth it.

With high power stereo, the battery will discharge at idle, cuz the alternator is puny. At higher RPMs, the oem battery will (hopefully) recharge, venting acid fumes which will corrode the crap out of your battery terminal. So keep them cleaned and protected (the battery protectant stuff or dielectric grease). Deep discharge will kill the oem battery quickly.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I second the odyssey battery, well worth it. Maybe some good speaker wire as well if you don't already have some.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
The stock battery sucks for anything over 1000 RMS I have found. Acid always spilling out, and I could never hold decent voltage when my system was hitting. I would recommend the odyssey; it's more money but better in the long run...I've been running 3000W through that battery with back-up XS Power and I haven't dropped below 12.5v...

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I heard driving across Texas is a chore... I haven't had the opportunity to do so, but could imagine it's like driving from San Diego up to Seattle, which I've done when I was a young GI... and it was not a fun drive at all...
I question your use of the word "opportunity"...:rofl:

The stock battery sucks for anything over 1000 RMS I have found. Acid always spilling out, and I could never hold decent voltage when my system was hitting. I would recommend the odyssey; it's more money but better in the long run...I've been running 3000W through that battery with back-up XS Power and I haven't dropped below 12.5v...
After everyone's helpful posts, I've researched and decided to hold out for an Odyssey 1700 MJT. I'm also going to relocate my stock battery to the bed and go with either a regular isolator or a constant duty solenoid. I've got a small amperage window A/C unit I want to slap in the doorway of the truck tent so my spoiled a$$ can sleep in the TX heat.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I think you interpreted my use of it correctly! :rofl:

As for relocating the battery into the bed, you really don't need to do that do you??? Unless you want to run a whole expsnded relay panel and need room for that... That would be so sweet to see too... I think I'm going to have to build me an audio power panel now, with built in regulators and solenoids. (time to start researching and brainstorming...)

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My goal is to be able to run the window A/C unit off the secondary battery without potentially draining the main battery, hopefully for 3 full nights (18 hours). That would get me through a 3-day weekend camping trip.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
hhhmmmm... Has anyone done the "additional accessory battery installation" into the OEM circuit??? I imagine you'd need some type of regulator in between both batteries to prevent one drawing and draining the other...
It was on my list after my Optima took a dump, but the Odyssey kicks so much A$$ I haven't got it done yet. I researched it at one point and bought a Hellroaring BIC-95150B isolator/combiner. Can't remember why at the moment, but it must have seemed like the shizzle at the time, LOL. http://www.hellroaring.com/BIC-95150B instructions rev B.PDF

Being a 2004, I am happily unencumbered by the current sensor on the negative battery cable.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts