Nissan Titan Forum banner

Temperature display on mirror

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Bez 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where the sensor is located that controls the temperature display?

I was out on a call last night and had the truck sitting at idle for 2 hours blocking an intersection with all my LED strobes on. Well after about 30 minutes I noticed that the temperature display was up to 87 degrees while it was really only 35 degrees outside. It went down to normal after the call was over and I was driving home.

I am thinking that the sensor is too close to either the engine or the radiator and should probably be better shielded.

PS: I would have tried to get a picture of the LEDs in action, but at 680 flashes per minute and as bright as they are, I don't know of a digital camera that could capture them properly.

#2 ·
Can't answer the sensor question, (although I assumed it was where the mirror mounts to the glass) but would love to see the pic! Capture them properly or not, go ahead and take a picture, I know my brother would like to see it (Charles County Sheriff's Office).

#3 · (Edited)
Right now I have dual Blue Whelen Talon LEDs under the mirror and a pair of the same type of syncronized lights in the back window. I am still trying to decide if I like them behind the headrests or up near the roof line.

The front are both Blue, the rear are White & Blue in the right window and Blue & Amber in the left window. I am also considering a set of White & Blue LEDs for the front grill and maybe a pair of White strobes in the headlights.

If you look closely at this picture, you will see the front light below the mirror. The nice thing about these lights is that they are clear until turned on so no one knows what color they are.

This is from the inside

and from the outside

and at night (on)

It is also almost impossible to see the lights in the rear window from the outside due to the darkness of the tinting unless they are turned on.

#4 ·
I believe the owners manual stated that the sensor was somewhere around the grill...I think in front of the radiator. If I'm not mistaken, the om also said that it may give you false readings if you are sitting still and that it is most accurate when you are driving around. Makes sense to me. Man, doesn't anyone read the manual? Oh that's right, most of us are guys and refuse to ask directions, read manuals, etc :upsidedow

#5 ·
dman said:
I believe the owners manual stated that the sensor was somewhere around the grill...I think in front of the radiator. If I'm not mistaken, the om also said that it may give you false readings if you are sitting still and that it is most accurate when you are driving around. Makes sense to me. Man, doesn't anyone read the manual? Oh that's right, most of us are guys and refuse to ask directions, read manuals, etc :upsidedow
This is also what I have read, on the radiator area. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.