Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do the engine and transmission gauges run a little high? What about towing? Anybody have any problems? Thanks...Jimbo

·
Registered
107 Posts
jimbo said:
Is it just me or do the engine and transmission gauges run a little high? What about towing? Anybody have any problems? Thanks...Jimbo
I've been driving Nissans for 20 years and have NEVER had one overheat. Even towed 6,500 pounds over the Contential Divide with a supercharged Frontier and the temp guage never moved. You shouldn't have any problems.

Enjoy the Ride

·
Registered
727 Posts
jimbo said:
Jimbo what are your readings?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Optimist said:
Jimbo what are your readings?
Both engine and transmission gauges read about mid- range on the scale, after about 10 miles of travel. No load, also I don't know exactly what the temps. are. Engine temp reaches 1/2 way on scale very soon.

·
Registered
514 Posts
jimbo said:
Both engine and transmission gauges read about mid- range on the scale, after about 10 miles of travel. No load, also I don't know exactly what the temps. are. Engine temp reaches 1/2 way on scale very soon.
That is most likely the normal operating temp.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Mine are running just under half way on both the engine temp and tranny gauge. This is normal. Nissan has 2 pairs of marks on their gauges. The outer ones and then an inner pair. As long as during normal operation, the needle stays between the two inner marks you are fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts