Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this morning that my temperature guage hit the normal midpoint about 2 minutes after starting the truck. It was about 34 degrees outside and I hadn't gone more than 2 miles before the temperature was 'hot'.

I haven't noticed this happen this fast before. Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I thought the same thing yesterday. I just happened to glance at it and it was at the normal operating temp in about the same time as yours. Thats not too bad actually, my car didn't heat up the whole way to work when it was really cold out. Made the ride to work chilly.

·
Registered
470 Posts
rrumaner said:
I noticed this morning that my temperature guage hit the normal midpoint about 2 minutes after starting the truck. It was about 34 degrees outside and I hadn't gone more than 2 miles before the temperature was 'hot'.

I haven't noticed this happen this fast before. Anyone else?

Are you talking too hot. Mine never goes above the middle of the temp gauge. If yours is reading hot take it to the dealer now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've noticed this too... how quickly this V8 reaches operating temperature. Maybe the aluminum block transfers heat faster?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jd1973 said:
Are you talking too hot. Mine never goes above the middle of the temp gauge. If yours is reading hot take it to the dealer now.
No I am talking about it hitting the operating temperature faster than any vehicle I have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Mine is the same as yours. I'll start it up and a few min. later it's also in the normal range. It dose seem to warm up alot faster then other trucks I've owned to. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's all in the name of emisssions control. A cold engine is very "dirty" and the faster it reaches operation temperature, the lower the emissions. Looks like Nissan figured out how to really speed up the process.

It is nice though on those really cold mornings (55 degrees) to be able to get some heat in the cabin fast... :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
rrumaner said:
No I am talking about it hitting the operating temperature faster than any vehicle I have ever owned.
Mine is the same. I noticed that from the very beginning.I also experienced that w/my Jeep Grand Cherokee. It has a 5.2 V8 comes up to normal operating temp.rather quick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts