Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drive a lot of highway miles and im in the process of overhauling my rig. i just ordered the 4'' spindles with 2'' blocks for the rear along with some bilsteins 5125's...anyway im going to put on some 18'' xd monsters and i need to figure out which tire i want to do. I like the trail grapplers better and they look more aggresive, but the downside is i drive a lot of miles for work. so my question is even though there is no mile rating for either tire, and obviously the terra will last long, what kind of miles can i expect out of both options. i would do like a 295/70/18 terra or a 275/70/18 trail. if the terras get say 50 and the trails get 40 i think ill do the trails...but if the terras get 60000 and the trails get 40000 miles...prob the terras for economical purposes....what you guys think?:bangit:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? someone has to have some sorta input right?

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I ran the Terras and got about 40k miles out of them. I'm currently running the trails, they have about 10k on them and it looks like I'll be getting 35-40k miles out of them as well. Keep in mind that Florida roads are very tough on tires and I rotate religiously every 5k miles.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Trail Grapplers are a very heavy tire so expect gas mileage to go down a bit. I was looking at the Trail Grapplers as well in a 35/12.5/20 and I found out that they weight 79 lbs, the tire I decided on (**** Cepek Mud Country) weight 66 lbs in that same size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts