Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had too stop by and give you guy's a thumbs up on having an awesome truck. I drove a 2011 crew cab Pro4x edition that was red and I fell in love with the truck. The only complaint I have was the trans shifted a little sloppy on the 1st to 2nd gear shift when driving casually. I figured a good custom tune would fix that problem though. U currently own an 04 model truck and was a little sad when I had too leave in it. Originally my intention was too just kill some time and test drive the truck but now I seriously want the Ttan. The price seems like a good deal. The sticker said $37,800 but with the $4,500 rebate it dropped down too $33,,300. This truck was optioned pretty good with the cloth seats being the only thing not included but I want cloth anyways. With that said what are you guy's buying new titans for where you live?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought a 2011 KC three weeks ago and got 25% off the sticker before i even traded anything in. Rebates have changed since then and vary from region to region. If you really like it do some homework and find the invoice price on sites like edmunds.com and start dealing below that minus the rebates

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Just had too stop by and give you guy's a thumbs up on having an awesome truck. I drove a 2011 crew cab Pro4x edition that was red and I fell in love with the truck. The only complaint I have was the trans shifted a little sloppy on the 1st to 2nd gear shift when driving casually. I figured a good custom tune would fix that problem though. U currently own an 04 model truck and was a little sad when I had too leave in it. Originally my intention was too just kill some time and test drive the truck but now I seriously want the Ttan. The price seems like a good deal. The sticker said $37,800 but with the $4,500 rebate it dropped down too $33,,300. This truck was optioned pretty good with the cloth seats being the only thing not included but I want cloth anyways. With that said what are you guy's buying new titans for where you live?
I just bought a fully loaded 2011 Pro4x leather, nav, sunroof, bluetooth, dvd, etc. and even had a level already on it for 36k otd.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought a fully loaded 2011 Pro4x leather, nav, sunroof, bluetooth, dvd, etc. and even had a level already on it for 36k otd.
Thanks for the replies everyone. After reading this reply though I won't be attempting too buy that truck unlesd they drop the price. This one only had bluetooth. Ill try too haggle on the price somemore and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Ok so that explains the extra discount. Honestly I don't want the extra options except for maybe the moonroof. Leather would be ok but cloth is fine for me. You think $30k would be a good price?
Keep haggling with them, make sure they know that you don't NEED to buy.
I bought my 2010 Pro-4X, Crew Cab, long bed for about 10k under MSRP.
MSRP was a little ver 43K, I got it for 33k OTD. I think I went back and forth with them for the better part of the work week. Stick to your guns!!

Reactions: highlyimpressed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MSRP was a little ver 43K, I got it for 33k OTD. I think I went back and forth with them for the better part of the work week. Stick to your guns!!
I'm definately not gonna give in and get shafted. Like stated before I wasn't even in the market for a new truck but I fell in love with this thing. The seating position,power, ride quality and overall build quality was pretty dang good. My current ride is getting up into the mileage at 114k and I wanna get protected by a warranty again. Another thing I wasn't wanting was 4wd but the stance of the Pro-4x was nice. The only complaint my wife had was how high the truck sat off the ground and it didn't have any running boards. I also saw a silver 2wd that originally caught my attention but when we went too the salesmens office I saw that red Pro-4x sitting outside the door and had too drive it. He let us take it out too lunch and we put about 10 miles on the truck grinning ear too ear the whole time. It was raining and these trucks have a sensitive throttle so it seemed like every light I came too I accidentally spun the tire. Which brings up another negative. I have read that these trucks have lockers and that it only engages in 4wd but why no LSD in 2wd? Kinda didn't make any sense but not too big of a deal since I have read something about splicing a wire to allow the locker to work in 2wd also. The rear leg room was quite impressive. My truck is a crewcab and the titan seems too have a slightly narrower seat bottom which opens alot of space up between the rear and front seats which was nice.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Ok so that explains the extra discount. Honestly I don't want the extra options except for maybe the moonroof. Leather would be ok but cloth is fine for me. You think $30k would be a good price?
I think it would be but maybe 31-32k if you want the moonroof.

It was raining and these trucks have a sensitive throttle so it seemed like every light I came too I accidentally spun the tire. Which brings up another negative. I have read that these trucks have lockers and that it only engages in 4wd but why no LSD in 2wd? Kinda didn't make any sense but not too big of a deal since I have read something about splicing a wire to allow the locker to work in 2wd also. The rear leg room was quite impressive. My truck is a crewcab and the titan seems too have a slightly narrower seat bottom which opens alot of space up between the rear and front seats which was nice.
did the vdc kick in?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The titan has abls which uses the brake abs to control wheel spin when accelling. This function works quite well and is what all manufactures are going to, toyota and ford already have been using for some time now. Reason for this is the complaints of the feel of binding everyone complained about when cornering while raining on pavement. Also abs systems are already on the trucks so why not use it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Capital One Auto Buying | Car Buying Home Page

I used the above calculator to buy my '10 CC SE that listed for 37,545 for 27,200 which was 10.345 dollars off. I used this tool right at the dealer at the salesman's desk and they accepted the offer after a little back and forth haggling. I've had my truck for 7 weeks put 3k miles on it and absolutely love it. The 13 mpg in the city and 17 mpg on the road is not very good, but the fun factor driving it make it OK. Good luck in your pursuit of a new truck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

did the vdc kick in?
The titan has abls which uses the brake abs to control wheel spin when accelling. This function works quite well and is what all manufactures are going to, toyota and ford already have been using for some time now. Reason for this is the complaints of the feel of binding everyone complained about when cornering while raining on pavement. Also abs systems are already on the trucks so why not use it.
That explains what happened then. At first I had the VDC turned on and wasn't able too get any tire spin but then I turned it off about halfway into the drive and thats when the one wheel peel began.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

did the vdc kick in?
Capital One Auto Buying | Car Buying Home Page

I used the above calculator to buy my '10 CC SE that listed for 37,545 for 27,200 which was 10.345 dollars off. I used this tool right at the dealer at the salesman's desk and they accepted the offer after a little back and forth haggling. I've had my truck for 7 weeks put 3k miles on it and absolutely love it. The 13 mpg in the city and 17 mpg on the road is not very good, but the fun factor driving it make it OK. Good luck in your pursuit of a new truck.
Yea this truck was only showing 11mpg and I couldn't get the meter too go up any even driving conservative. I was steadily driving in stop and go traffic though and in the trucks defense I was driving it a little harder then normal the first half of the trip. Thanks for that site btw.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
How did you get a 2010 PRO-4X CC LONGBED???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just to update everyone. I decided to try out the Ford dealership today on a deal. I went and test drove the new 5.0 xlt 2wd. Overall I loved the power and transmission. The truck just wasn't packaged like I wanted. All it had was satellite radio,steering wheel controls and power windows and locks. The truck was stickered at $36k and only had a $1,500 rebate. Well I decided too try and haggle on a 2010 F150. All they could find was a white 2wd at another nearby dealership. The truck was white with black interior. Which is what I wanted. The downfall was this truck had the 4.6 3valve motor and six speed trans. It still wasn't optioned very good. It was just like the 2011 5.0 truck I drove earlier as for options. After going back and forth with the salesman all I could get them down too was $30.500 after the $4,500 rebate so I walked out. Having that titan in the back of my mind I called the dealership back from yesterday and tried too get him down atleast $2,000 extra off the price but all he said he could do was $500 plus my trade and another $4,500 for the rebate. Feeling a little let down I asked about a 2wd I saw yesterday and he surprised me. This truck has everything available minus leather,navigation and moonroof for $13,660 out the door with my trade. Since it was so late in the day I won't be able too sign papers till friday. I have too work the next two day's and won't have time to do anything.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Just to update everyone. I decided to try out the Ford dealership today on a deal. I went and test drove the new 5.0 xlt 2wd. Overall I loved the power and transmission. The truck just wasn't packaged like I wanted. All it had was satellite radio,steering wheel controls and power windows and locks. The truck was stickered at $36k and only had a $1,500 rebate. Well I decided too try and haggle on a 2010 F150. All they could find was a white 2wd at another nearby dealership. The truck was white with black interior. Which is what I wanted. The downfall was this truck had the 4.6 3valve motor and six speed trans. It still wasn't optioned very good. It was just like the 2011 5.0 truck I drove earlier as for options. After going back and forth with the salesman all I could get them down too was $30.500 after the $4,500 rebate so I walked out. Having that titan in the back of my mind I called the dealership back from yesterday and tried too get him down atleast $2,000 extra off the price but all he said he could do was $500 plus my trade and another $4,500 for the rebate. Feeling a little let down I asked about a 2wd I saw yesterday and he surprised me. This truck has everything available minus leather,navigation and moonroof for $13,660 out the door with my trade. Since it was so late in the day I won't be able too sign papers till friday. I have too work the next two day's and won't have time to do anything.
I basically had the same experience, seemed like the Ford Dealership could care less about selling a truck. They wouldn't take much off MSRP nor would they give me KBB trade in value on my old F-150 which was 6-8k. Nissan on the other hand welcomed my business gave me a $7,000 rebate and offered $7,000 for my Ford. My wife said if they threw in the tube steps so she could get into the truck they had a deal, salesman said done. We had financing already worked out with our credit union, sales mgr asked if we would give him a shot at finding a better interest rate, which he did. Two completely opposite experiences.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts