Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just test drove the XD SV, PICS

Drove through the dealer and spotted the new XD sitting up on the curb. Salesmen nearly threw the keys at me.

Test drove for about 15 min, on highway and normal roads, also hopped a curb to the alarm of the salesmen. The acceleration doesn't through you back in the seat like the ford f250, but its ride and fit/finish is far superior IMO. The ride is very smooth, the cummins v8 feels like it can toe every bit of 12000lbs. I was mainly comparing it to the 2015 dodge 3/4 cummins I've been looking at lately. While the dodge sports a better console layout, again IMO, the XD isnt far behind.

This model was the SV, cloth heated seats, 4x4, nav, backup cam, led lights in bed, plug in bed, forward and aft sensors, blutooth etc. Priced at $49,500. I'm currently in my second titan, a 2012 SV 4x4. I think the new T XD is quite the truck, packing in a lot for the money compared to other 3/4 trucks I've looked at.

Right now, though, my T pulls my jeep wrangler, camper, trailers etc just fine. I really dont have a reason to purchase the XD at the moment. Plus, I'd like to have a more feature rich model than the one I test drove, and that was the only titan they had. If it had been exactly the model/features I want I may very well have bought it on the spot (to the dismay of the wife), I liked it that much.

·
Registered
151 Posts
great review thanks for posting up pics

·
Registered
968 Posts
Re: Just test drove the XD SV, PICS

Drove through the dealer and spotted the new XD sitting up on the curb. Salesmen nearly threw the keys at me.

Test drove for about 15 min, on highway and normal roads, also hopped a curb to the alarm of the salesmen. The acceleration doesn't through you back in the seat like the ford f250, but its ride and fit/finish is far superior IMO. The ride is very smooth, the cummins v8 feels like it can toe every bit of 12000lbs. I was mainly comparing it to the 2015 dodge 3/4 cummins I've been looking at lately. While the dodge sports a better console layout, again IMO, the XD isnt far behind.

This model was the SV, cloth heated seats, 4x4, nav, backup cam, led lights in bed, plug in bed, forward and aft sensors, blutooth etc. Priced at $49,500. I'm currently in my second titan, a 2012 SV 4x4. I think the new T XD is quite the truck, packing in a lot for the money compared to other 3/4 trucks I've looked at.

Right now, though, my T pulls my jeep wrangler, camper, trailers etc just fine. I really dont have a reason to purchase the XD at the moment. Plus, I'd like to have a more feature rich model than the one I test drove, and that was the only titan they had. If it had been exactly the model/features I want I may very well have bought it on the spot (to the dismay of the wife), I liked it that much.

I love it also. I think it will be a great long term vehicle.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I went to look at one last night XD SV at the dealer where I saw one. I was dropping of my wife Rogue for service but I noticed the truck was gone. Sales people said Owner had them put a plate on it and took it home. Maybe this afternoon when I pick up the Rogue.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Not bad, I think the SV has a cleaner exterior look without all the chrome on the tailgate and not as much on the grill.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Drove a platinum reserve.
Appearance is no better in person than in pictures. Honestly IMHO a sub optimal design aesthetically.

Interior overall is very nice.
Comparable to a Ram Laramie. Not better but equal.
The cons of the interior the touchscreen is too small.
The RF system should be Bose
The back seat space is less than my current F150 (noticeably smaller)

The truck ride quality is better than a 3/4 ton excluding the Dodge Power wagon but worse than my Titan and much worse than my current F150.

The turbo lag is horrible. This truck would get smoked by my F150 EB.

I know, I know, it's not meant for racing but overall I found no redeeming qualities that would appeal to me.

Looks are bad
Payload bad
Cost bad
Gas mileage not so good
Towing capacity OK
Interior good
Responsiveness Bad
Ride Quality Average

I can see that there is a person that would want this truck 50-70 year old guy that likes chrome and a frumpy design with super comfortable seats for a long ride towing a medium sized trailer and has lots of money to spend whimsically and plans on keeping the truck for 10 plus years.

So basically my opposite.

Reactions: royr

·
Registered
463 Posts
I took one for a spin and was not impressed. My 2008 F250D had more get up and go.

- Interior is very nice and the seats are comfy
- Seems to be detuned
- Projected fuel economy is not great
- Feels similar in size to the F250 but rear space is less
- Priced the same as an F250 but is much more without the discounts
- Mirrors do not fold in automatically
- Looks are fine but not outstanding

This will be a hard sell for Nissan.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I took one for a spin and was not impressed. My 2008 F250D had more get up and go.

- Interior is very nice and the seats are comfy
- Seems to be detuned
- Projected fuel economy is not great
- Feels similar in size to the F250 but rear space is less
- Priced the same as an F250 but is much more without the discounts
- Mirrors do not fold in automatically
- Looks are fine but not outstanding

This will be a hard sell for Nissan.
Very Detuned... Just wait till some aftermarket options come out. :big_grin:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Very Detuned... Just wait till some aftermarket options come out. :big_grin:
They are all detuned for lack of a factory TC that will hold up to increased TQ.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess I fit into that description of the 50-70 year old frumpy guy.
I just tried the new pro4x and I think its just fine.

if you want go like hell in a hurry then you should try the tesla model S.
there's U-tube video showing that thing beating a green muscle beast on the drag strip. They guy screwed the shift or something and threw the race.
On the second run, it barely managed to catch up to the tesla at the finish line.
but enough about electrics.

I bought the pro4x cuz I like off road capability and I need something to haul my 30 foot trailer around.
And it needs to last me about 20 years, or better if my son takes it over when I kick the bucket or cant drive anymore.

I think you people have to remember that pick up trucks are not racing cars, they were originally a work truck.
nowadays, I chuckle every time I watch and wonder at people winding up their nice new pickups from the stop sign and roaring down the street with them.
I'm glad I'm not paying for the maintenance on them afterward
But I have to say that they at least sound better than the bumblebee Hondas trying to do the same thing.

So yeah if you like it for the right reasons, buy it, I don't think you'll go to far wrong. Nissan did a fairly decent job imo.

Zurc

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can see that there is a person that would want this truck 50-70 year old guy that likes chrome and a frumpy design with super comfortable seats for a long ride towing a medium sized trailer and has lots of money to spend whimsically and plans on keeping the truck for 10 plus years.
Hey I resemble that remark!

My take on it - Never buy a new model vehicle. Give it a couple of years for Nissan to work out the bugs; my current T is a 2013. I usually keep a vehicle 10 years (see above); my dear wife is looking at RVs that will need a 1 ton! Oh well, I still like it!

·
Registered
968 Posts
" Black Widow " is working for us just fine! We will start racing the XD in a few weeks!!! If it will fail we will find the weak points! Stay tuned for more info and results! I will start a new post for everyone. The truck is amazing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts