Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Titan Pro4X
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2022 Titan Pro 4X the 20th of May. After being a Ford guy for a long time I wasn't real sure about switching to the Titan, but a family member in the business talked me into giving it a try. My wife and daughter have been driving Nissan Rouges for years and love them. The 5year/100,000 mile warranty didn't hurt. I tow a lot, not huge loads, usually my 22ft bassboat or a 14 foot single axle trailer with a SXS and hunting/camping gear. I figure my last truck, a 2016 Ford F150 with 90,000 miles on it's 5.0 engine, had over a third of it's miles with a trailer hitched to it. On June 10th I hooked up to the bassboat and headed out from my Arkansas home to Lake Vermilion, 986 miles to the north in Minnesota, about 50 miles from the Canadian border. This was my 10th trip up there the 2nd or 3d week of June, so it was a good comparison run for the Titan. I was impressed. Last year I averaged 13.5mpg in the Ford for the whole trip, this year the Titan averaged 13.3mpg and we were going faster, cut about an hour off the 16 hour trip, both ways. Ran both in tow haul.. I couldn't believe how quiet the cab was, so quiet I had to use the cruise control to keep from constantly creeping up to 85-90 mph. The Ford alway had a lot of wind noise, even when brand new, not the Nissan. The seats were great on my old 67 year old back. All in all I'm sold on the Titan, so was my running buddy who has been a Chevy man forever. To tell the truth I'd just never considered Nissan for a full sized truck, even though there are several other Nissans in my family.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

Wheel Tire Car Sky Plant

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Bought my 2022 Titan Pro 4X the 20th of May. After being a Ford guy for a long time I wasn't real sure about switching to the Titan, but a family member in the business talked me into giving it a try. My wife and daughter have been driving Nissan Rouges for years and love them. The 5year/100,000 mile warranty didn't hurt. I tow a lot, not huge loads, usually my 22ft bassboat or a 14 foot single axle trailer with a SXS and hunting/camping gear. I figure my last truck, a 2016 Ford F150 with 90,000 miles on it's 5.0 engine, had over a third of it's miles with a trailer hitched to it. On June 10th I hooked up to the bassboat and headed out from my Arkansas home to Lake Vermilion, 986 miles to the north in Minnesota, about 50 miles from the Canadian border. This was my 10th trip up there the 2nd or 3d week of June, so it was a good comparison run for the Titan. I was impressed. Last year I averaged 13.5mpg in the Ford for the whole trip, this year the Titan averaged 13.3mpg and we were going faster, cut about an hour off the 16 hour trip, both ways. Ran both in tow haul.. I couldn't believe how quiet the cab was, so quiet I had to use the cruise control to keep from constantly creeping up to 85-90 mph. The Ford alway had a lot of wind noise, even when brand new, not the Nissan. The seats were great on my old 67 year old back. All in all I'm sold on the Titan, so was my running buddy who has been a Chevy man forever. To tell the truth I'd just never considered Nissan for a full sized truck, even though there are several other Nissans in my family.

View attachment 560909
View attachment 560910
View attachment 560908
Great review and excellent color choice!
I’m on my third one and extremely pleased, my best mpg average to date was straight highway from NJ to Florida and was 24.3 in my 2020, I had achieved 23.2 in my 2018 on the same run. I was purposely driving 75 or just about 70 to see what it could do. The seats are amazing by my aching 64 year old body. I’ve driven it for 19.5 hours straight only stopping for food, fuel and bathroom.
Wishing you’re just as happy in each year to come.

Clint

·
Registered
2022 Titan Pro4X
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the color, but it wasn't much of a choice, it was the only Titan the dealer had in stock. I stopped by the dealership today and they still haven't gotten another Titan in stock since I bought this one and don't know when they will.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts

View attachment 560909
View attachment 560910
View attachment 560908
Not sure what I like more… Your truck/ boat combo or your property..

Wonderful place u have!!!

·
Premium Member
2021 Titan SL
935 Posts
That is a nice color.

Dealers are getting new Titans here but most are Baja, white, and black. I still haven't seen any more Cardinal Red in the area since I bought mine a few months ago, and it was 3 hours away on another lot. A couple of Red Alerts about an hour away.

Now I just need a matching full size boat. I have an RC for the pool. Sinks when I try to climb in though.

·
Registered
2022 Titan Pro4X
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OK, after pulling my boat 1000 miles up to northern Minnesota and back and also making a couple of 75 miles trips to my deer camp with a SXS in tow, I'm sold on the Titan. Gas milage was so close to what my last 2 Ford F150's with 5.0 motors did that I'd call that a draw. Right at 14 mpg towing th boat at 60-65 mph on fairly flat roads, 12.8-13.2 mpg if we kicked it up to 70-75mph. 18-21 mpg empty on the hwy, 16 or so in town. Power wise I'll give the nod to the Titan, although it's hard to compare as the transmission shifting is very different between the 9 speed Titan and the 6 speed Fords
(2012 and 2016 models). The Titan likes to wrap up a lot higher before shifting than the Fords did. The seats are a big improvment, I was born and raised in a feed mill, dairied for 27 years and then carpendered for 20 years before kind'a retiring, my back is a very good judge of seats, specially on 1000 mile runs. The biggest difference between my last Fords and this Titan is cab noise though. Both my last F150's had a lot of wind and road noise in the cab from the day I got them, so have all the other late model Fords I've been in. The Titan was so quiet we ended up having to run most of the trip on cruise control to keep from running 90 mph. When running without the cruise we just kept gaining speed every time we looked down a the speedometer. My running buddy aloud he was going to have to give Nissan a hard look when he got ready to trade, he's been a die hard Chevy guy forever. What I really hated about the trip though was the morning we left Minnesota it ws 42 degrees and we had only seen 70 degrees on day the whole week. Fish' was great, too. Heat index was 110 when I got home.

Water Sky Casting (fishing) Plant Tree

1 - 6 of 6 Posts