Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at a stop light the other night when a dodgeram hemi pulled up aside of me. the guy rolls down his window and tells me hey how do those titans run. so i reply well do you wanna find out. well just as we were about to take off i noticed a police car in the distanced so im telling myself dam this wouldve been a good test on both trucks so the guy takes off not paying attention and gets pulled over :futwice: has anybody tested the trucks out to see how the stack up to the hemi thats all im concerned about because theres no way fords triton v6 will keep up to it :cheers:

·
Registered
429 Posts
chieflikalotapus said:
i was at a stop light the other night when a dodgeram hemi pulled up aside of me. the guy rolls down his window and tells me hey how do those titans run. so i reply well do you wanna find out. well just as we were about to take off i noticed a police car in the distanced so im telling myself dam this wouldve been a good test on both trucks so the guy takes off not paying attention and gets pulled over :futwice: has anybody tested the trucks out to see how the stack up to the hemi thats all im concerned about because theres no way fords triton v6 will keep up to it :cheers:
All the reviews I read posted The Titan having quicker 0-60 and 1/4 mile times then the big 3 also Yota's. Jan. 04' Popular Mechanics truck review quoted "with 1000lbs. of ballast in the bed, the Nissan could still beat an empty Ford,Chevy or Toyota in a drag race." You might have to take out the 1000lb. ballast to beat the hemi though.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1Titan said:
All the reviews I read posted The Titan having quicker 0-60 and 1/4 mile times then the big 3 also Yota's. Jan. 04' Popular Mechanics truck review quoted "with 1000lbs. of ballast in the bed, the Nissan could still beat an empty Ford,Chevy or Toyota in a drag race." You might have to take out the 1000lb. ballast to beat the hemi though.
one of my friends down here has a 2003 dodge hemi 2wd single cab im going to go up against him and see what happens

·
Premium Member
17,128 Posts
chieflikalotapus said:
Hemi is no threat unless they have a coke.

·
Registered
739 Posts
chieflikalotapus said:
one of my friends down here has a 2003 dodge hemi 2wd single cab im going to go up against him and see what happens
Becareful - that truck could be lighter than your if it has a short box. Always better to race the same config. ie. KC against KC, 4x4 vs 4x4, etc...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Some of the Toyota trucks are quick! Mine ran a 15.526 bone stock. Many of the HEMI trucks are very quick. My friend’s 2WD quad cab HEMI ran a 14.9 @ 89 mph with just a cat back exhaust on a cold night. He would run consistent 15.3 quarter mile times in warmer weather. Many of the lighter regular cab HEMI trucks are running in the 14 second range when they disable the torque limiting device called the TM mod.

I test drove a Titan, nice riding and lots of low end grunt. It seems to run out of breath at higher RPM though compared to what I’m used too anyway. I really like all the accessories that come with the Titan. Nissan put a lot of thought into that pickup truck.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
keane said:
Becareful - that truck could be lighter than your if it has a short box. Always better to race the same config. ie. KC against KC, 4x4 vs 4x4, etc...
im confident i can take him out but mine is a kc and i dont think dodge makes kc anymore i think its only reg cab or quad cab :gunz:

·
Registered
429 Posts
chieflikalotapus said:
im confident i can take him out but mine is a kc and i dont think dodge makes kc anymore i think its only reg cab or quad cab :gunz:
Chief: Be careful don't want you or any innocent's getting hurt. If there is a local drag strip that would be best.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts