Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to post up my extreme satisfaction with the service I received at one of the Discount Tire stores in Raleigh, NC

I ended up buying a set of tires for my wife's car, a set for my truck, new wheels for my truck, AND had them install a set of tires I bought elsewhere on my old wheels.

Here's what they did to earn my business and why I will now do business with them.

1. I was greeted as if I was truly a customer. As we investigated what I wanted and had to call them back, each time, it was clear that they were actually listening to what I was saying-and they were friendly! This attitude is unfortunately rare and so it caught my attention.
2. They called me back immediately when I asked a question that they had to investigate. I even told them that I wouldn't be available to answer a call that quickly and yet, they investigated with local tire experts on the correct tire size/wheel size combination and gave examples to support their recommendations.
3. Next, I told them what the best deal I had out there, who had it, and could they beat it? The answer is yes, they could. This included tires on sale at other competitors.
4. In shopping for wheels, what I wanted was on a competitors' website and Discount Tire said that they indeed could get those wheels-and beat that price!
5. Fast service. I made appointments and each time, I was expecting to wait (maybe my experience at Sears or Nissan makes me believe that it takes two to three hours to change out tires :huh:...) Let's put it this way; IF I drank coffee, my vehicles were done faster than it takes for the coffee to stop stirring in the cup. Don't laugh, I actually brought a book to read thinking I would get in an entire chapter for work done.
6. AND they said PLEASE come on back in 50 miles so that we can re-torque your nuts. (insert joke here.)
7. I was thanked for doing business with them.

It was well above my expectations and I do recommend one of the shops in Raleigh and hope that the other stores have the same high standards. IF so, I highly recommend doing business with Discount Tire.

Here's a picture of my 305/50/20 Falken Ziex ST04 on a 20x8.5 KMC XD-Series Machined Rockstar Wheel

Have to go write a letter now!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
the Discount Tire here in Greenville is the same way, very good customer service, the techs are friendly and very good at thier job and I'm in and out within 30-45 mins for tire rebalance and rotation

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the Discount Tire here in Greenville is the same way, very good customer service, the techs are friendly and very good at thier job and I'm in and out within 30-45 mins for tire rebalance and rotation
Glad to read about that.

Nissan Service could pick up a thing or two around here...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Just want to post up my extreme satisfaction with the service I received at one of the Discount Tire stores in Raleigh, NC

I ended up buying a set of tires for my wife's car, a set for my truck, new wheels for my truck, AND had them install a set of tires I bought elsewhere on my old wheels.

Here's what they did to earn my business and why I will now do business with them.

1. I was greeted as if I was truly a customer. As we investigated what I wanted and had to call them back, each time, it was clear that they were actually listening to what I was saying-and they were friendly! This attitude is unfortunately rare and so it caught my attention.
2. They called me back immediately when I asked a question that they had to investigate. I even told them that I wouldn't be available to answer a call that quickly and yet, they investigated with local tire experts on the correct tire size/wheel size combination and gave examples to support their recommendations.
3. Next, I told them what the best deal I had out there, who had it, and could they beat it? The answer is yes, they could. This included tires on sale at other competitors.
4. In shopping for wheels, what I wanted was on a competitors' website and Discount Tire said that they indeed could get those wheels-and beat that price!
5. Fast service. I made appointments and each time, I was expecting to wait (maybe my experience at Sears or Nissan makes me believe that it takes two to three hours to change out tires :huh:...) Let's put it this way; IF I drank coffee, my vehicles were done faster than it takes for the coffee to stop stirring in the cup. Don't laugh, I actually brought a book to read thinking I would get in an entire chapter for work done.
6. AND they said PLEASE come on back in 50 miles so that we can re-torque your nuts. (insert joke here.)
7. I was thanked for doing business with them.

It was well above my expectations and I do recommend one of the shops in Raleigh and hope that the other stores have the same high standards. IF so, I highly recommend doing business with Discount Tire.

Here's a picture of my 305/50/20 Falken Ziex ST04 on a 20x8.5 KMC XD-Series Machined Rockstar Wheel

Have to go write a letter now!
Man I love those wheels. Forget black rockstars I'm definitely getting those. Sorry gotta copy. So are you lowered? Can't see your sig on my phone. I'm thinking of running 22's or 20's and trying to get a performance look since I'm leveled and not 4wd. Might get rid of my spacer if I have to.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man I love those wheels. Forget black rockstars I'm definitely getting those. Sorry gotta copy. So are you lowered? Can't see your sig on my phone. I'm thinking of running 22's or 20's and trying to get a performance look since I'm leveled and not 4wd. Might get rid of my spacer if I have to.
I'm not lowered.
I have a PRG minilift.

Just took off the Dominator II sidesteps to bedline them so here's a picture today.

There's guys who are lowered and not lifted and the tires fit just fine...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
161,858 Posts
Couldn't agree more on your assessment of Discount. My last few sets were from them. They've always given me outstanding service.

Reactions: jager2704

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I agree with everyone else's posts but I guess I'm a little bias cuz I used to work there. I will only buy from discount tire til I can't drive anymore lol. I pretty much know someone at every discount I go to around the valley so I'm used to getting great customer service and the best prices.

Reactions: Kronos1965

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Looks like you're dressing your girl up to take her to a Titan Meet or something. ;)

I used DT to get some custom rims mounted, and the service was pretty good, and careful! Good place for a good balance and front end alignment too.

I never go to NTB anymore, too many mistakes - dropped paperwork and delayed my install over an hour on 2 occasions and one time they gave me my car back looking crooked with one overextended shock holding the corner up 6". Great prices, but the shop where I used to live was lousy workmanship, in the front and in the garage. Glad I moved away! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts