Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rusted steps were covered under warranty. The new steps arrived today at no cost to me. It's good to know that there are still companies out there that stand behind their products. There customer service was easy to deal with and extremely friendly.

Did notice some differences in the design of the steps. Most noticeable is the N-Fab logo on the step pad. It is much more "distinguished" compared to my old steps where it just sorta blended in.

Also noticed that the mounting brackets are now a one-piece design that simply has tabs bent on it. The old ones were of a 2-piece welded type bracket.

I think I might have the old ones coated with Rhino Lining or something of that nature and re-sell them.

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
Very nice! But I think they mistakenly shipped MY nerfsteps to you! :lol: Good to hear they stand behind their products. Good luck with the new ones!

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
WTF? They don't want the old ones back? You lucky dog! I'm glad to see they took care of you. I hope they do the same for me if I ever have an issue with mine...

Also, wasn't it a total PITA to get all that bubble wrap and tape off them when you took them out of the box? I think they used 3 rolls of packing tape per side on mine!

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yellomantis said:
WTF? They don't want the old ones back? You lucky dog! I'm glad to see they took care of you. I hope they do the same for me if I ever have an issue with mine...

Also, wasn't it a total PITA to get all that bubble wrap and tape off them when you took them out of the box? I think they used 3 rolls of packing tape per side on mine!

Nope, they never mentioned the old ones so I didn't either!!!! I was a bit surprised by that myself. I think it might be because of the shipping costs and what not.

Bubble wrap and tape, oh yes! I was actually extremely happy that they were wrapped up so well. These ones were packaged much better than the original set. It did take me 15 minutes like you said to get through all the tape, but at least this time I wasn't missing half the hardware and the box didn't have a bunch of holes in it.

It also appears that the powdercoating is alot better on these ones as well-time will tell.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I too got my second set for free. On the first set the powercoating was bad in 1 spot. They told me they wanted the old ones back, and would send a return DHL slip in the box. It's not in there so they said to keep them!!!:cheers: THANK YOU N-FAB. That is the best customer care I had ever got.

·
Registered
726 Posts
i really like those steps, they would've been my first choice actually. but when i was in the market, i didn't see a stainless version from them so i went with nasta's.

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
Grizzlymudder said:
i really like those steps, they would've been my first choice actually. but when i was in the market, i didn't see a stainless version from them so i went with nasta's.
Yeah. No stainless steel. I asked for that too. They have a "silver" powdercoat that looks like a dull silver rather than a shiny finish. I mean, it matches the silver trucks ok, but doesn't look at all like chrome or stainless.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well guys, we are actually in the process of making stainless options for the Titan as we speak. They will be available VERY soon. Currently I can do the high gloss black powdercoat, the bonded chrome look like on BuckyBadger's, and I have many paint and powdercoat color options available. Call me on the toll free line 866-806-NFAB with any questions. I love seeing all the talk on the forums about the Titan steps we make. Gives a girl a warm, fuzzy feeling!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Missy said:
Well guys, we are actually in the process of making stainless options for the Titan as we speak. They will be available VERY soon. Currently I can do the high gloss black powdercoat, the bonded chrome look like on BuckyBadger's, and I have many paint and powdercoat color options available. Call me on the toll free line 866-806-NFAB with any questions. I love seeing all the talk on the forums about the Titan steps we make. Gives a girl a warm, fuzzy feeling!

Hey Missy, good to see they let you online. I was the first ever LWB 6-step Titan set produced. The guys even put them on for me. LOL. I love these thins and recommend them to all who will listen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was online and ran across this site. I know that there are a lot of vehicle forums like this one out there and I've decided to spy on you all! I remember doing the set for your longbed truck- thanks for letting us use you as a guinea pig!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Great customer service! I too am also glad to hear about a company standing behind their product. When I order my steps, they will be N-Fabs.

Btw, how much for some steps in black for a CC? Missy - any deals for TT.com customers?! :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
You guys should sell the old ones, I know someone will get them. Shiet I would have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I might be able to offer some suggestions on your set if you are having issues with the finish, so hit me up with questions.

And for those that like the look of the steps, of course shipping charges can vary so a quick phone call to me and I'll get a price quote for you. We sell these through local dealers also, so if you have a shop in your area- they will usually have the black powdercoat available and you can pick them up from the local retailer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts