Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Titan Talk saved me a from a huge headache. I was out at the range today and decided to leave. Well I got in the truck as usual and went to shift from park. No Joy. Damn, I remembered reading something about a bypass on the net. Found that and got myself home. I called the nearest stealership in order to get it towed down there and fixed (90 miles away). Well not wanting to be without my truck for a week and not trusting a stealership "tech" to tie their shoes right, I did a little research. Using the search function I found out the brake light fuse might be blown. It wasn't so I started looking around for one that was. The one that was blown was labeled "Electronic Parts". Swapped it out with a spare and it's good to go. Electronic parts, wow Nissan, original.

Joe
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
159,625 Posts
Just gotta love a story with a happy ending. Especially if TT was part of it. :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,783 Posts
Great place for info isn't it??

Oh, by the way, Nice Avatar!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I spoke too soon. The damn fuse blew again so I'm calling the tow. Man this is a real bummer too. I might just put a new one in it and keep changing it as necessary until the weekend is over because I really need it this weekend. Keep ya posted,

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
TiTan Drivan said:
Well I spoke too soon. The damn fuse blew again so I'm calling the tow. Man this is a real bummer too. I might just put a new one in it and keep changing it as necessary until the weekend is over because I really need it this weekend. Keep ya posted,

Joe
I know how you feel about being so far from the dealer.I'm 90 miles myself and it can be a pain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
x3 on avatar :D

well, something is wrong if the fuse keeps poping...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,296 Posts
Hawaiianbasshead said:
x3 on avatar :D

well, something is wrong if the fuse keeps poping...
The truck has seen his avatar and then blows it fuse. Can you blame it?

Clint
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
43,122 Posts
eh.............just use a bigger fuse........
problem solved!

BTW........How did you get a pic of my gf's a$$??????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,464 Posts
gadget74 said:
eh.............just use a bigger fuse........
problem solved!
but then we may possibly read about another titan fire because something is still wrong and is now just heating up more because of the bigger fuse. I hope it does not come to that but it could be a possibility.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
TiTan Drivan said:
Today Titan Talk saved me a from a huge headache. I was out at the range today and decided to leave. Well I got in the truck as usual and went to shift from park. No Joy. Damn, I remembered reading something about a bypass on the net. Found that and got myself home. I called the nearest stealership in order to get it towed down there and fixed (90 miles away). Well not wanting to be without my truck for a week and not trusting a stealership "tech" to tie their shoes right, I did a little research. Using the search function I found out the brake light fuse might be blown. It wasn't so I started looking around for one that was. The one that was blown was labeled "Electronic Parts". Swapped it out with a spare and it's good to go. Electronic parts, wow Nissan, original.

Joe
Did you ever figure out what was blowing the fuse? And what did did you lose with the fuse blown, besides obviously the abilty to shift to drive? I had this same problem on a 4runner a few years back, and I to was stuck away from the house. Mine was due to my trailer lights plug, two of the pins got shorted together. Where is the bypass located on our trucks...just in case...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update.

I called Nissan USA to get the truck towed as per the dealership. The lady on the phone asked me if I had purchased "Roadside Assistance" when I bought the truck and I told her that I hadn't. Well, she then proceeded to tell me that Nissan will not tow the vehicle and that I will have to pay the cost of the tow. So, I ripped her a new one and hung up on her. Sucks to be her. I called the dealership and made an appointment to bring it in on Friday. We will see what happens then.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I got the chance to take the truck in a little earlier so I took it in today. They still have it and I am resisting the urge to call them every half hour to see what is going on. I hate that.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Thank you Titan Talk!! Updated 06/01/07

Well I got the truck back from the dealership yesterday and they got it fixed. Well they just replaced the fuse and all is well. I did this same thing and it worked for a little while so we will see.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
gadget74 said:
eh.............just use a bigger fuse........
problem solved!

BTW........How did you get a pic of my gf's a$$??????????

google duh.. her *** is EVERYWHERE lmao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it's back in the shop. This time they think they have found a short. They are going to try to find it and if they can't they are going to replace the entire harness.

On my way down there I noticed something disturbing. My GPS was saying that I was going 76 mph and the cruise was set at 80. So this got me thinking and I mentioned it to the Service Consultant. He tells me that GPS isn't accurate enough to use in comparison. Well it's dead on in my Toyota. It's also dead on in the Honda that they gave me as a rental. I've calculated that the speedo is approximately 6% off. ***The vehicle is stock. Stock rims and tires. Stock everything.*** So here I was thinking that my overall average MPG was 14. Nope. Actually it's 13.

I made the mistake of not ensuring that the speedo discrepancy was on the work order and it isn't. So I have to call them tomorrow and make sure they hit that up too since it's in there. Basically in the long run I'm getting shorted on 2,100 miles on my warranty because of this.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
You're having a rough week dude. Someone get this man a beer.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top