Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Funny as it seems there are more “Youtube”auto reviewers that Titans sold to date…
All hoping to get their speculation validated!!!

It may eventually be true but then again GM has been talking about discontinuing the entire Buick line for the last 30 years….

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,830 Posts
Funny as it seems there are more “Youtube”auto reviewers that Titans sold to date…
All hoping to get their speculation validated!!!

It may eventually be true but then again GM has been talking about discontinuing the entire Buick line for the last 30 years….
Considering China was a big consumer market for Buicks, and the fact that certain accusations were levied against China recently, I can see that market all but drying up for Chevy. I still think Oldsmobile or Pontiac would've been a better line to keep. I was hoping that Buick would at least find a way to bring back the Grand National, but they couldn't even manage that.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Problem is there are still a bunch of retired rich 80 year olds out there that want to buy a Buick!!!

I'm only half kidding on that statement. Any Buick I see around here is always being driven by someone old. I have yet to see a younger person driving a buick.

I think there is an old thread around here where I predicted that the Titan wouldn't make it. Sounds like that may be coming true. Keep in mind...It's already been discontinued in Canada and what inventory remains in the U.S. isn't exactly flying off Nissan's lots either. Their bread and butter is the Rogue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
One of the articles I read stated the Titan would still be produced the next few years with minor updates/upgrades. They just weren’t going to do a refresh again. No other info was available so they could be talking 1-2 years more or maybe 15 years more without a refresh like the Frontier. Who knows. Also, that article could’ve been full of it too.

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the titan the way it is. It's still relatively rugged, affordable, comfortable, real world gas mileage on par with twin turbo trucks with giant air dams, well equipped, great fender stereo etc. They don't sell more because people are for some reason brand loyal and they fail to do their own research.
But that is why I say advertise, add some more competitive features each year and Nissan will get their money back for sure. You have to work at converting brand loyalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the titan the way it is. It's still relatively rugged, affordable, comfortable, real world gas mileage on par with twin turbo trucks with giant air dams, well equipped, great fender stereo etc. They don't sell more because people are for some reason brand loyal and they fail to do their own research.
They also don't sell more because people don't know about them because Nissan has a crappy advertising department.

I've run into so many people over the years with both my gen1 and gen2 Titan that didn't even know Nissan made a full size truck.

Drive by my local Nissan dealer right now...They have one S model Crew Cab on the lot...Across the street is the Ford Dealer with 44 F-150s on the lot.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If Nissan stops selling the Titan it very much won’t matter

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
But that is why I say advertise, add some more competitive features each year and Nissan will get their money back for sure. You have to work at converting brand loyalty.

Nissan has never advertised the Titan well, and as an owner since 2004, I've watched them fail at changing up the brand loyalty thing also. They just don't seem serious enough. The pickup market has thrived the last 20 years and Nissan never got the memo.

All that said, I love my 2005 and have full intentions of getting 25 years out of this truck. Would I buy another one though, no. (I did buy a 2017 Altima though, and it's been a rockstar).

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Nissan has never advertised the Titan well, and as an owner since 2004, I've watched them fail at changing up the brand loyalty thing also. They just don't seem serious enough. The pickup market has thrived the last 20 years and Nissan never got the memo.

All that said, I love my 2005 and have full intentions of getting 25 years out of this truck. Would I buy another one though, no. (I did buy a 2017 Altima though, and it's been a rockstar).
I tried to make my 2004 last. But in 2018 at 245,000 miles it blew a tranny line and spit fluid all over the interstate. I didn't want it back after that incident.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I am guessing that the Titan will be killed off because it doesn't make much financial sense for Nissan to begin engineering an electric version of the Titan. Toyota went ahead and created their TT V6 and have a hybrid coming, but how long will those powertrains prove profitable for them? Nissan should continue with this current iteration of the Titan, begin looking at electrifying the Armada and the Infiniti version. Then once they have ironed out the bugs for the Armada and the Infiniti, they can cram a more compact version of the battery in a completely new Titan. This will ensure that Nissan brings an electric version of the Titan and hits it out with a home run (battery range, charging, etc.) to market.

As it stands now, it doesn't make sense for Nissan to pump money into a revamped Titan with a powertrain that will last maybe 2-3 years. Manufacturers that don't get on board with the electric vehicle bandwagon will be hard pressed to compete with manufacturers that go all in.

·
Registered
272 Posts
People.... This is for the CANADIAN MARKET ONLY!!!!!!!!

Since when is https://jalopnik.com/ a credible source of information???

Even at the end of the article, they posted an update.

Update November 19, 2021, 2:20 p.m. ET: Nissan PR personnel responded with the following statement:
TITAN remains an important part of Nissan’s truck lineup. We redesigned the truck for the 2020 model year, and it’s performing very well in customer satisfaction and quality. The TITAN remains in Nissan’s truck lineup for the 2022 model year and years beyond.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

Update November 19, 2021, 2:20 p.m. ET: Nissan PR personnel responded with the following statement:
You people think a truck needs to be number one in sales volume to be profitable..

If Nissan makes money selling 100 Titans a year they will keep making Titans..

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

“Jalopnick”…Yep… another fake news source…

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
“Jalopnick”…Yep… another fake news source…
I'll play devil's advocate and post this. The Future Isn't Looking Good For The Nissan Titan

It makes sense that no Nissan representative would definitely say it was being killed off if they are still trying to sell these. For whatever reason, a lot of low information consumers think that once a model is killed off, that they will be stuck with no support. Sure, parts may be harder to come by a few decades from now, but I figure parts will be available for quite some time. I kinda like the idea of the Titan being discontinued, as I like the idea of my truck being rare.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts