Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
It may eventually be true but then again GM has been talking about discontinuing the entire Buick line for the last 30 years….
Problem is there are still a bunch of retired rich 80 year olds out there that want to buy a Buick!!!

I'm only half kidding on that statement. Any Buick I see around here is always being driven by someone old. I have yet to see a younger person driving a buick.

I think there is an old thread around here where I predicted that the Titan wouldn't make it. Sounds like that may be coming true. Keep in mind...It's already been discontinued in Canada and what inventory remains in the U.S. isn't exactly flying off Nissan's lots either. Their bread and butter is the Rogue.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the titan the way it is. It's still relatively rugged, affordable, comfortable, real world gas mileage on par with twin turbo trucks with giant air dams, well equipped, great fender stereo etc. They don't sell more because people are for some reason brand loyal and they fail to do their own research.
They also don't sell more because people don't know about them because Nissan has a crappy advertising department.

I've run into so many people over the years with both my gen1 and gen2 Titan that didn't even know Nissan made a full size truck.

Drive by my local Nissan dealer right now...They have one S model Crew Cab on the lot...Across the street is the Ford Dealer with 44 F-150s on the lot.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Nissan has never advertised the Titan well, and as an owner since 2004, I've watched them fail at changing up the brand loyalty thing also. They just don't seem serious enough. The pickup market has thrived the last 20 years and Nissan never got the memo.

All that said, I love my 2005 and have full intentions of getting 25 years out of this truck. Would I buy another one though, no. (I did buy a 2017 Altima though, and it's been a rockstar).
I tried to make my 2004 last. But in 2018 at 245,000 miles it blew a tranny line and spit fluid all over the interstate. I didn't want it back after that incident.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts