Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Funny as it seems there are more “Youtube”auto reviewers that Titans sold to date…
All hoping to get their speculation validated!!!

It may eventually be true but then again GM has been talking about discontinuing the entire Buick line for the last 30 years….

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
People.... This is for the CANADIAN MARKET ONLY!!!!!!!!

Since when is https://jalopnik.com/ a credible source of information???

Even at the end of the article, they posted an update.

Update November 19, 2021, 2:20 p.m. ET: Nissan PR personnel responded with the following statement:
You people think a truck needs to be number one in sales volume to be profitable..

If Nissan makes money selling 100 Titans a year they will keep making Titans..

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
People.... This is for the CANADIAN MARKET ONLY!!!!!!!!

Since when is https://jalopnik.com/ a credible source of information???

Even at the end of the article, they posted an update.

Update November 19, 2021, 2:20 p.m. ET: Nissan PR personnel responded with the following statement:
“Jalopnick”…Yep… another fake news source…

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I'll play devil's advocate and post this. The Future Isn't Looking Good For The Nissan Titan

It makes sense that no Nissan representative would definitely say it was being killed off if they are still trying to sell these. For whatever reason, a lot of low information consumers think that once a model is killed off, that they will be stuck with no support. Sure, parts may be harder to come by a few decades from now, but I figure parts will be available for quite some time. I kinda like the idea of the Titan being discontinued, as I like the idea of my truck being rare.
Hey our Titans are already rare!!!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Something to think about, Dodge, Ford, GM have the volume to justify continuing the building. How much volume does the Titan generate to justify continuing manufacturing? If Nissan can make more money churning out Armadas (if built in the same plant -- although I understand they're made in Japan) then it makes more financial sense. You have to look at it from a point of volume. If Nissan only has 6 months worth of work for 1 year of Titan manufacturing, that's 6 months that a plant may be idle. If Nissan builds other vehicles at the same plant, that's more variation that they need to account for.

Having worked at a plant, I can tell you that the more variation from vehicle to vehicle that has to be built, the more prone to errors you are. I used to hate when I'd see a cop car/taxi cab coming down the line when I was installing wheels as these cars had steel wheels that were heavy AF.

I'm interested to see how this unfolds, but can see it go either way.
I may be wrong but doesn't Nissan make several different vehicles at it's Canton plant??

May be the reason for the Titans occasional quirks.. The factory worker at some point realizes “Oh… Forgot we are assembling Titan now and not Altimas!!”

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I'm new to the truck world. This is my first truck. But I'm not new to motorsports, motorcycles in particular.
It seems to me that the truck loyalty is very much like motorcycle brand loyalty. The competition can entirely outperform the other manufacturer but the guy on inferior equipment will sneer at the competition.
I get strange looks in my titan and lots of little d++k revs as trucks go buy. I notice it but it doesn't bother me because I like my ride and I've always been an 'against the grain' kinda guy. Never been one to follow or get what everyone else has.
I also think it gets looks because the pro4x trim is just pretty sweet. Looks cool.
Same here!!
I live in south Texas….own a Titan truck and a Mahindra tractor…

Surprised I haven't been shot at yet!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts