Nissan Titan Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,850 Posts
I will keep it. I still like my truck and hope to have it a very long time
I never figured I'd have a vehicle that would have me questioning the ownership of my SS. The SS is a great tourer, and has an exhaust sound that will get people at a stoplight ask me to roll down my window so they can ask me what I'm driving (stock exhaust). Ownership is quite a unique experience. The Titan is also a great long distance touring vehicle, doesn't have the Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde personality of the SS (not many do for that matter). But when I have work to do, I love how much utility the Titan offers. The features are also better than the SS (granted the SS is a 5 year old vehicle), from the adaptive cruise control, to the LED lighting. Fortunately, I am not in a position where I have to decide on one or the other. As a matter of fact, I'm considering a 3rd vehicle that would be more of an economy vehicle, maybe another Kia Soul so that I'm true to my user name on here.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
4,035 Posts
That's how we are. No need to sell anything.

We have the 99 Cherokee (listed for sale since we don't drive it anymore), the 04 ranger my oldest son drives, his 16 turbo Veloster (with a head gasket leak), the 18 mazda3, and the titan.

Once my oldest son moves out, we will just have the Titan, the Mazda, and the ranger. If I had to cut it down more, just the titan and the Mazda.

If we had to have only one, the titan would win out since I cycle and need to haul my bike across Texas.

·
Registered
491 Posts
If you let the market dictate the value of the vehicle then you probably bought the wrong vehicle.
Said nobody ever!!! I read this and it actually gave me a headache

Market dictates the value of almost everything. If there is no market for it its worthless. "Its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it" Thats a real saying, look it up. There is a difference between sentimental and monetary value my friend.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Said nobody ever!!! I read this and it actually gave me a headache

Market dictates the value of almost everything. If there is no market for it its worthless. "Its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it" Thats a real saying, look it up. There is a difference between sentimental and monetary value my friend.
So you're only holding onto your Titan because of what the market value is? Like I said, you probably didn't purchase wisely, especially given that it's a depreciating asset. You purchased the Titan at a price that you thought it was worth. How exactly does it automatically lose value to you if Nissan decides not to build titans past 2023? You've already given it value when you decided that it was worth what the dealership charged you. And if you really think that Nissan canceling the Titan will devalue the Titan, what if the Nissan spokesman that said there are no plans to shelf the Titan because he knows that they need to sell several more months worth of inventory because if they disclose that they're cancelling it, as "no one" will want to buy a lame duck truck? Better sell now, if you're that worried about market perception of your truck. I'll give you $1200 cash for your Titan, if you really think that the value is going to go down just because of what the market claims.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If discontinued resale value will drop probably 15-20%, soon after and more as time goes on. That’s nothing compared to trying to replace it now though. Probably pay double. My main concern is parts availability as I planned on keeping mine for a long time.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
If discontinued resale value will drop probably 15-20%, soon after and more as time goes on. That’s nothing compared to trying to replace it now though. Probably pay double. My main concern is parts availability as I planned on keeping mine for a long time.
Companies are required to manufacture replacement parts for a certain amount of time after they stop making a model. This is done during the production of the vehicle. People that bailed quickly on vehicles from Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, and Mercury sold low because they panicked. It's funny how people fall for the hysteria and sell low. You're supposed to buy low, and sell high. https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/...turers are required by,the period of 10 years. This site claims 10 years. Something tells me that I won't have the Titan in 2031, if the asteroid or environment doesn't kill us all by then.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Let’s discuss REAL facts of discontinued Nissan vehicles. The GTR is officially done as is the Maxima. You heard it here first. Or second….
GT-R is not done - CEO of Nissan confirmed this himself a month ago. Maxima, no idea. Wouldn't surprise me if it is also done, but I believe its fate is tied closely with the fate of the Infiniti sedans. Last I dug into this, there was a rumor the Q50 would leave Infiniti and come to Nissan under Skyline nameplate (as it is in Japan, furthering consolidation of units built in Tochigi and Kyushu plants), and if this happens, there's no place for a Maxima within the brand.

I do know that at one point 2023 was to be the final model year for the Titan in its current form, as there was originally no manufacturing timeline established beyond CY2022. My source on this accurately provided the pre-COVID and post-COVID manufacturing timelines for the new Frontier and order dates for the 23 Z.

I do also know that Nissan had partnered at one point with Hercules to produce a half-ton EV truck based on the Titan platform. I do not know the current status of that effort. Source (sadly behind paywall): Nissan Said to Be in Talks with U.S. Startup to Electrify Pickup - Bloomberg

I do also know that as of July 2021, the Titan has experience YoY growth of 45% having already nearly passed last year's total sales numbers by midyear this year. Rebounding sales that return profit can make a business case for anything remaining in production, so who knows what will happen.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
412 Posts
GT-R is not done - CEO of Nissan confirmed this himself a month ago. Maxima, no idea. Wouldn't surprise me if it is also done, but I believe its fate is tied closely with the fate of the Infiniti sedans. Last I dug into this, there was a rumor the Q50 would leave Infiniti and come to Nissan under Skyline nameplate (as it is in Japan, furthering consolidation of units built in Tochigi and Kyushu plants), and if this happens, there's no place for a Maxima within the brand.

I do know that at one point 2023 was to be the final model year for the Titan in its current form, as there was originally no manufacturing timeline established beyond CY2022. My source on this accurately provided the pre-COVID and post-COVID manufacturing timelines for the new Frontier and order dates for the 23 Z.

I do also know that Nissan had partnered at one point with Hercules to produce a half-ton EV truck based on the Titan platform. I do not know the current status of that effort. Source (sadly behind paywall): Nissan Said to Be in Talks with U.S. Startup to Electrify Pickup - Bloomberg

I do also know that as of July 2021, the Titan has experience YoY growth of 45% having already nearly passed last year's total sales numbers by midyear this year. Rebounding sales that return profit can make a business case for anything remaining in production, so who knows what will happen.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Sarcasm is alive and well in this thread. Just feeding into the room. Stir the pot so they say.

·
Registered
2021 P4X
115 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the titan the way it is. It's still relatively rugged, affordable, comfortable, real world gas mileage on par with twin turbo trucks with giant air dams, well equipped, great fender stereo etc. They don't sell more because people are for some reason brand loyal and they fail to do their own research.
I'm new to the truck world. This is my first truck. But I'm not new to motorsports, motorcycles in particular.
It seems to me that the truck loyalty is very much like motorcycle brand loyalty. The competition can entirely outperform the other manufacturer but the guy on inferior equipment will sneer at the competition.
I get strange looks in my titan and lots of little d++k revs as trucks go buy. I notice it but it doesn't bother me because I like my ride and I've always been an 'against the grain' kinda guy. Never been one to follow or get what everyone else has.
I also think it gets looks because the pro4x trim is just pretty sweet. Looks cool.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I'm new to the truck world. This is my first truck. But I'm not new to motorsports, motorcycles in particular.
It seems to me that the truck loyalty is very much like motorcycle brand loyalty. The competition can entirely outperform the other manufacturer but the guy on inferior equipment will sneer at the competition.
I get strange looks in my titan and lots of little d++k revs as trucks go buy. I notice it but it doesn't bother me because I like my ride and I've always been an 'against the grain' kinda guy. Never been one to follow or get what everyone else has.
I also think it gets looks because the pro4x trim is just pretty sweet. Looks cool.
Same here!!
I live in south Texas….own a Titan truck and a Mahindra tractor…

Surprised I haven't been shot at yet!!!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts