Nissan Titan Forum banner
2361 - 2362 of 2362 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just bought a 2017 with 10k miles. Pretty sure it's knocking. Oddly I didn't hear it during the test drive. Strange knock as well, only hear it at idle. Runs smoothe and quiet at highway speed. Is nissan only replacing these for free if the truck is under warranty? Seems like a manufacturer defect this severe should be handled at their cost whether the truck is in warranty or not.
I took my 17 for a run down a rough road really rough top speed 30K. Fluctuating between 10k and 30k in Drive. Pulled over left her running/idling and wow I could hear a really loud scratching like noise coming from piston 7 area, loudest ever. I swear I thought it was going to start knocking. Must of let go of a good chunk metal to do so, but by the time i got home it was just the same old bad normal Ticking sound. Going in tomorrow for an R&R on engine short block, Anyhow the Titan has no body squeaks or rattles I do hope it comes out the same after the new engine swap. My warranty expires in 23 I would think yours is still under warranty. I would get er borescope asap! As far as warranty or not I would think that Nissan is going to end up in a court battle over this yet as they know the 17-19 engines are bad! Then again I am no lawyer and when it comes to the law a lot of times the law just seems so not logical!

2361 - 2362 of 2362 Posts