Nissan Titan Forum banner
2581 - 2584 of 2584 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I posted a couple of months ago, had the ticking/knocking issue. Dealer did a shortblock replacement (took 3 weeks). Shortly after picking up the truck I noticed fresh oil spots on my driveway. I was getting 2-3 drops every time I parked. Brought it back and they fixed it, told me it was a small leak around the oil pan. Noticed over this past weekend (this is a week after they "fixed" the oil pan leak) more drops. I had a feeling the moment I found out they were swapping the shortblock that they weren't going to put the vehicle back together properly. 2018 Titan SV with less than 60,000kms and I've already had an engine swap, headlight failure (also a tsb) and now oil leaks. Nissan has stopped selling the Titan in Canada after the 2021 year. Gee I wonder why? Garbage. Wish we had lemon laws here in Canada.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I posted a couple of months ago, had the ticking/knocking issue. Dealer did a shortblock replacement (took 3 weeks). Shortly after picking up the truck I noticed fresh oil spots on my driveway. I was getting 2-3 drops every time I parked. Brought it back and they fixed it, told me it was a small leak around the oil pan. Noticed over this past weekend (this is a week after they "fixed" the oil pan leak) more drops. I had a feeling the moment I found out they were swapping the shortblock that they weren't going to put the vehicle back together properly. 2018 Titan SV with less than 60,000kms and I've already had an engine swap, headlight failure (also a tsb) and now oil leaks. Nissan has stopped selling the Titan in Canada after the 2021 year. Gee I wonder why? Garbage. Wish we had lemon laws here in Canada.
Guess aborting Titan stops the Nissan from being bankrupted.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What if you engine is really fixed? What if next time you take it in the oil leak is fixed? What if any of your future issues are fixed before your warranty expires?

Try and enjoy the truck. All the other trucks are problems too but you wouldn't be wanting to deal with the big 3 for warranty claims. They will just tell you operating as intended. Your into it now and you could get rid of it at a loss. But then what start again with a different new truck and back to square 1 dealing with problems. I believe Titans aren't selling because of poor marketing. Not because they are bad vehicles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wish I could share in your optimism 2018TitanXD. All I know is that I've been to the dealer 6 times in the last 4 months and in those 4 months they've had my truck for a month. It gets frustrating pretty quickly. Its unfortunate because in my opinion there's no nicer looking pickup on the road, but without reliability nice means nothing. I hope you're right, maybe they can get these issues sorted out this time because my warranty is ending soon.....

2581 - 2584 of 2584 Posts