Nissan Titan Forum banner

741 - 760 of 778 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just reading over my paperwork from the dealer about the short block replacement, and found some comments on here that they never mentioned to me. The notes on here say they found scoring on #7 and #5 cylinder in my original motor.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Not bad for 8 years old?
Clint

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
They made 1000 Yellow Jackets for the US market, it’s the last one they built with every single option available including a car cover. I was sitting having coffee one morning and the car carrier hauling it passed as I was looking out the window of the store. The salesman called 20 minutes later saying your car just arrived, cool. In 2012 $54,000 was a lot for a Challenger. It was based on a prototype from 1969.
Clint

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Love it! Here is my toy. (The Z not the Miata)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great looking car, I’d buy one if I could find a clean one, most are well worn now.
Clint

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Just reading over my paperwork from the dealer about the short block replacement, and found some comments on here that they never mentioned to me. The notes on here say they found scoring on #7 and #5 cylinder in my original motor.
Yep that’s the norm

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Great looking car, I’d buy one if I could find a clean one, most are well worn now.
Clint
At one point wasn’t Nissan/Datsun offering a complete restoration at the factory. If they still are you could find decent one and do that lol. I can only imagine how much that costs alone in shipping it back to Japan

·
Registered
246 Posts
At one point wasn’t Nissan/Datsun offering a complete restoration at the factory. If they still are you could find decent one and do that lol. I can only imagine how much that costs alone in shipping it back to Japan

They were but not on 240s and they did that in 1999. They stopped that same year. Btw, mine is a 280zx and I did the restoration

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #752
Sadly it appears all you do here is complain about everything regarding your truck. Why not just put it up for sale and get out of the lease.
As for trophies I have a couple of dozen, if not more. Seriously, 10,000 miles on a car shows wear, in 8 years? If I put only 500 in a whole season on the car it gets fresh synthetic before being put away for the winter. It gets changed every 6 months regardless of mileage.
I alluded to something in the first post, I had a sick 7 year old 15 years ago, it was bad but now at 22 she’s doing great and like I said nothing else really matters, as long as you’re healthy every thing else can be dealt with. Vehicles are just things.
Clint
Listen Clint. I'm not complaining. I make statements about valid things that have happened to my Titan.

My last Titan (2004) I shelled out $30k for the purchase in 2004 only to have to rear and front axles fail (rear axle twice) manifolds fail (twice), all power window switches fail(4 times), all doors freeze up in winter and latches replaced (3x) and host of other small nagging problems. Enough that I had to make multiple dealer visits and lemon law the vehicle and take Nissan to court.

Then my 2018 Titan ($50k vehicle) I have the engine replaced. That's bull ****. I'm glad you don't mind spending money and not caring if things go wrong. All of the issues I had are design / engineering flaws on Nissan's part and I'm not the only one here that was affected by the same problems. All you have to do is wander over to the first generation Titan forum and you will see that.

And if you knew anything about leasing you would know that If I tried to sell it and get out I would end up upside down on it. There are used 2018 Pro4x Titans out there right now like mine that are selling for less than the pay off amount on my lease. I know. I've already checked.

As I've stated before, I'm going to stay in until the lease is up and turn it in at the end. I have the warranty to take of anything. However, there is no way the truck is ever the same again after an engine swap and I'm not going to hold onto it and find out.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #753
(per the fuel up whistle TSB) so another trip back in the near future.
Is there a link to this somehwere? Mine bugles like an elk when filling up at the gas station.

I told the dealer about it while back during an oil change visit and got the typical response of "that's normal on all new vehicles these days. works as designed"

Ummmm...no its not normal you dumb azz mechanic.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is there a link to this somehwere? Mine bugles like an elk when filling up at the gas station.

I told the dealer about it while back during an oil change visit and got the typical response of "that's normal on all new vehicles these days. works as designed"

Ummmm...no its not normal you dumb azz mechanic.
I found and posted the TSB document in the whistling thread. Direct link to my post here: https://www.titantalk.com/threads/whistle-while-fueling-up-2017-sv.405361/post-8072145

·
Premium Member
68,096 Posts
My 08 has whistled for 11 years. Not the first problem, and nobody has ever asked why it does that. I don't understand the big deal. Y'all scared of what somebody thinks? I could give a rats fanny what somebody thinks... I have 2 words for them.....

·
Registered
639 Posts
I just picked my truck up from the dealer. The driving experience is night/day (for the better), my truck now has almost the same throttle response as the XD loaner I had so that's a plus. Sounds completely different at idle. Just took it for a quick drive around town but will give it a better test drive as soon as I can. Dealership has a new fuel tank on order (per the fuel up whistle TSB) so another trip back in the near future.

The "after care" for the swap is clearly not an official Nissan policy. Some have posted here about being told to come back in for a 1000 mile oil change and such, I specifically asked my dealer and they said "nope, just drive it like normal next oil change in 5000 miles." I may do it sooner just because, but they had absolutely 0 special instructions for me.
If u decide to keep your truck I would change out the oil at 1k and also follow the new vehicle break in process.. Remember most of your engine is new...

If the work they did holds up within a thousand miles or so you should be good for the long haul..

The assembly tolerances on these engines are tight..If the tech took any shortcuts issues will show up quickly....

·
Registered
639 Posts
My 08 has whistled for 11 years. Not the first problem, and nobody has ever asked why it does that. I don't understand the big deal. Y'all scared of what somebody thinks? I could give a rats fanny what somebody thinks... I have 2 words for them.....
One time some lady made a comment I was filling my tank too fast and gas might splash back on me...

Other than that most people ask how I like the Cummins....

·
Registered
107 Posts
If u decide to keep your truck I would change out the oil at 1k and also follow the new vehicle break in process.. Remember most of your engine is new...

If the work they did holds up within a thousand miles or so you should be good for the long haul..

The assembly tolerances on these engines are tight..If the tech took any shortcuts issues will show up quickly....
That's my plan at this point. My local Chevrolet dealer was offering steals on their 2019 Silverado inventory, but I only wanted one with the 10 speed transmission because the 8 speed seems problematic and those are all already all gone, so it's the Titan for me for at least another year now. Driving her around as much as I can to get her broke in because I have some long trips coming up.

741 - 760 of 778 Posts