Nissan Titan Forum banner

761 - 779 of 779 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
That's my plan at this point. My local Chevrolet dealer was offering steals on their 2019 Silverado inventory, but I only wanted one with the 10 speed transmission because the 8 speed seems problematic and those are all already all gone, so it's the Titan for me for at least another year now. Driving her around as much as I can to get her broke in because I have some long trips coming up.
My buddy got a 18’ GMC Denali ($58after I told him I didn't want to hear him complaining about the Titan issues..

Guess what!! he complaining because the paint is peeling off his front bumper!!!

What the heck happened to quality!!!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
One time some lady made a comment I was filling my tank too fast and gas might splash back on me...

Other than that most people ask how I like the Cummins....
Well if your putting gas in your diesel your gonna have some problems lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just finished a ~2500 mile round trip adventure in my truck since the short block swap was completed.

Stopped at the Nissan Dealer in Cheyenne, WY and had the oil changed (~1400 miles after the swap). They said they've done several short block swaps on trucks there too; I believe the service adviser said 5, but not 100% sure.

Good
  • Did not suffer any catastrophic breakdown during the trip
  • Throttle response continues to impress. It's completely different than before the 'surgery.' I even stuck my head down there to make sure the dealership didn't add one of those pedal commanders everyone else is talking about (they didn't), but it is a very welcome change regardless.
  • For what they are, the stock PR tires continue to impress me in snow. We were in Cheyenne, WY this past Fri/Sat during the snow & wind storm and never had any issues, despite seeing many other people who were having considerable difficulty.
Bad
  • This only happened twice on the way down. Backed the truck out of a parking space, came to a full stop, shifted from R to D, attempted to move forward. Engine revved up but truck didn't move forward. After 2-3 seconds, loud "clunk" and truck lurched forward. Has not occurred at all since those 2 times and it's probably been at least 1600 miles since the 2nd (and last) occurrence. Did not mention to the dealer in Cheyenne, but thinking back on it now I wish I would have since it was much more recent at that time.
  • My climate control has gone completely whack. If I turn it up past 64 or 65, the heat never turns off - ever. I think the whole inside of the cab could literally be on fire and it would still be blowing heat set at 66. My climate control was always really wonky, but it seems to have gotten even more confused than it was. My local dealer is almost useless unless I have a TSB in hand, anyone know of any TSB for the climate control?
  • Seat heaters: I say they don't work for ****, but if I ask my dealer about them again I'm sure they'll say they can boil a gallon of water on them in under 30 seconds. I don't think I'll even bother asking them about them for a 3rd time.
"Now I get it"
  • The shift lever blocks the defrost controls. Like many on this forum, before this trip I scoffed a bit at anyone who complained about this because "you just need those buttons once when you start the truck and then you're good to go from there on out, so it's no big deal." Well, that's not exactly true. As we all know, the rear window / mirror defrosters turn themselves off after awhile. Well, when you're driving around in 50+ mph wind blowing fresh snow, a whole new layer of ice forms on every surface of your vehicle so you have to keep turning the defroster back on over and over and over. Now I get it, the shift lever blocking the defrost controls can actually be pretty annoying.

·
Registered
639 Posts
There is a tsb for your heat issue. Will try to find and send your way.

For the trans either the cold weather slowed the electric shift servo in the tranny or maybe the fluid is a bit low from when they swapped motor. I’m leaning towards the slow shift servo.. when its colder wait another second or so when shifting directions before taking off during cold weather..

For the seat heaters look at the underside of your seat and see what color the cushion material is. If the color is a yellowish beige u have old style seats and there is a tsb that addresses.. If the cushion is a grayish white color u have updated seat parts and something else is going on...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Took mine in for engine knock when engine cold. 3C and colder. Faint but distinct knocking only at cold start when put in gear, not when warm engine. They scoped cylinder wall 7 and reported no scoring. Truck at 26000 km, 16000 miles. Just piston slap? am I in the clear?

Build date: October 2017

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Took mine in for engine knock when engine cold. 3C and colder. Faint but distinct knocking only at cold start when put in gear, not when warm engine. They scoped cylinder wall 7 and reported no scoring. Truck at 26000 km, 16000 miles. Just piston slap? am I in the clear?
I would say yes after 16,000 miles you would for sure have visible damage I would go to a trusted mechanic now and have him scope 7 because it’s very possible the dealer is blowing smoke up your tushy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Or isn’t cylinder #5 also a culprit, did they scope that cylinder as well? It could also be a small exhaust manifold leak? Those tend to quiet down after warming up. Just a thought

·
Registered
4 Posts
  1. New member here, been reading the forum for a couple years now and thought I'd join in. I bought my 2018 titan almost 2 years ago and around 10k i started noticing the engine noise. Finally took it in today after it started getting louder and at first the svc manager said he didn't hear anything, but then an advisor happened to hear it. They told me they couldn't find any tsbs on the engine knock. Feel like they're going to try and bs me. The truck has 27k on it currently. I left it with them and they gave me a loaner.

·
Registered
12 Posts
  1. New member here, been reading the forum for a couple years now and thought I'd join in. I bought my 2018 titan almost 2 years ago and around 10k i started noticing the engine noise. Finally took it in today after it started getting louder and at first the svc manager said he didn't hear anything, but then an advisor happened to hear it. They told me they couldn't find any tsbs on the engine knock. Feel like they're going to try and bs me. The truck has 27k on it currently. I left it with them and they gave me a loaner.
Ask them why they cant find the tsb. It is listed in this thread. You can take the tsb to an independent mechanic to get It inspected. Yes you would pay for that but it's small compared to a new short block

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Print the TSB out for them and go back if they say the cylinders are fine after that and don’t show you pics have a independent mechanic scope it. Hell they could scope another cylinder at the dealership that is ok and give you pics. Why. Some are so Shady I don’t understand

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's the one i referenced and they said it pulled up something about the evap system. They also claimed they haven't had a single issue with the new titans. I'm betting on Monday they claim they couldn't find anything. I'll probably have to try a different dealership.

761 - 779 of 779 Posts