Nissan Titan Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1128 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts

Hey guys. Give this a listen and tell me what you think. I have a laundry list of items I’m taking the truck to the dealer this Thursday 2/11/20 for and this is one of them.Dealer told me to video it, if possible, so this is what I’m hearing.

UPDATE 2/14/20*
Dealer listened to my truck and said there's no issue. I'll continue to drive it and if it gets worse, I'll just take it back. I have nearly 80K more miles of warranty, so....

·
Registered
773 Posts

Hey guys. Give this a listen and tell me what you think. I have a laundry list of items I’m taking the truck to the dealer this Thursday 2/11/20 for and this is one of them.Dealer told me to video it, if possible, so this is what I’m hearing.
Yes thats the knock and sounds about same as mine with almost 18k miles..

·
Registered
17 Posts
My truck has also developed "the knock". I knew that would likely be the case. I plan to take it in soon to have it looked at. The knock is barely noticeable, but its there. One thing that is bigger of an issue in my mind is my exhaust tip is black (like from soot) and there is an oil drip in the muffler. Its like blow by of oil into the exhaust. I have to believe there is scoring and some oil blow by coming from it. Got plenty of warranty left (17K miles on it). So not worried about it. LOVE the truck. Was trying to hold off as long as possible to make sure they have the issue resolved and also get a new engine later on in the mileage. But I'll likely take in in a few weeks for service and have it checked.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Yep that's a knock. Sounds just like mine before I had the short block replaced. My truck drives so much different now. Its accelerates nice and smooth and the engine sounds so much better.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here's another. This one is a cold start after my truck sat all day in 40 degree weather.

UPDATE 2/14/20*
Dealer listened to my truck and said there's no issue. I'll continue to drive it and if it gets worse, I'll just take it back. I have nearly 80K more miles of warranty, so....

·
Registered
300 Posts
My confidence is starting to wain on the MY 19 engines. I am worried that I will have to go through this trouble again. At 6k I am hearing something, but not sure what it is. But I may be gun shy from the issues with my 18. Imagine having Nissan buy back my 18 that had the long block installation only to have the same issue and this time around they install a short block. I’m not sure my sanity will hold on for that. A Tundra or F150 might be in my future.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The tolerances are off big time on these short blocks. I noticed that they are very acceptable to temperature. During the winter is when I noticed that the knock was a lot louder. Its gets down to -20f's where I live. I'm going to be driving through Nevada this summer. I'll be curious to see how operates in temperatures above 100f.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Getting mine back today. I'll ask again about serial numbers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because next sign of trouble, I'm trading it and taking it in the shorts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Getting mine back today. I'll ask again about serial numbers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because next sign of trouble, I'm trading it and taking it in the shorts.

Do you mind asking about the impact to MY 19s I’m curious as it is not showing up on the TSB yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts

Do you mind asking about the impact to MY 19s I’m curious as it is not showing up on the TSB yet

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,057

Probably not enough 19's in circulation yet that have reported the problem.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Probably not enough 19's in circulation yet that have reported the problem.
That makes no sense. If it’s the same problem, they should just include it, even if only one person reported. I’m sure they know exactly when the manufacturing process was changed that solved the problem. Sorry. Not yelling at you. My nerves are getting frayed with this issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That makes no sense. If it’s the same problem, they should just include it, even if only one person reported. I’m sure they know exactly when the manufacturing process was changed that solved the problem. Sorry. Not yelling at you. My nerves are getting frayed with this issue.

My dealer said they have not seen any 19's with it yet, but mine was only their 3rd.

1041 - 1060 of 1128 Posts