Nissan Titan Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1128 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those are the pics that they sent me. Idk if they are the serial # or not. I just assumed the tech would know the right number

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
Man I didn't buy a new truck to be hauling it in to the dealer all the time.. I don't have the time!! I will run it till u can hear the knocking a mile away.. When I pull in to the Nssan dealership I want to service advisor to run up to me and say “we heard u coming and have your new engine on order”!!!!!

It's crazy seeing these engine issues across other brands..

Maybe its a big conspiracy to get folks to start embracing electric vehicles...

·
Registered
300 Posts
19s are definitely impacted. Just had mine scoped. Sept 2018 manufacturing date. 7k miles and I need a new engine. Second truck second be engine, not happy. I am demanding a long block. The dealership owner said he was definitely going to make that happen. The theory is that because it isn’t yet apart of the original TSB, there is a chance the long block is still an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Add me to the list. My truck is a 2019, build date of 11/18 with 11k miles and my dealer just called saying they the engine is going be replaced.

I'm requesting a long block and I will update everyone when I find out what they are going to do.

Just FYI, I carried it to a different dealer this time after being told by my local dealer that they scoped my engine and didn't see any damage. I knew that was BS so I carried to a different local dealer and the technicians heard the knock and put the request in for the engine.

·
Registered
773 Posts
19s are definitely impacted. Just had mine scoped. Sept 2018 manufacturing date. 7k miles and I need a new engine. Second truck second be engine, not happy. I am demanding a long block. The dealership owner said he was definitely going to make that happen. The theory is that because it isn’t yet apart of the original TSB, there is a chance the long block is still an option.

The dealer didn't give u any pushback as far as scoping it...

I want to take mine in ...just don't have time for any of their games...

·
Registered
300 Posts
The dealer didn't give u any pushback as far as scoping it...

I want to take mine in ...just don't have time for any of their games...
They wouldn’t dare since I have been through this already one time before. They are attempting to support me as much as possible. Who knows maybe I’ll get the 2020 out of this.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Add me to the list. My truck is a 2019, build date of 11/18 with 11k miles and my dealer just called saying they the engine is going be replaced.

I'm requesting a long block and I will update everyone when I find out what they are going to do.

Just FYI, I carried it to a different dealer this time after being told by my local dealer that they scoped my engine and didn't see any damage. I knew that was BS so I carried to a different local dealer and the technicians heard the knock and put the request in for the engine.
That's discouraging, My 19 had the same build month, 13K and holding my breath!!!
It bugs me that it’s so hit and miss as far as folks having the issue or not..

Does Nissan know whats really wrong or are they just throwing in new blocks hoping its a good one..

·
Registered
601 Posts
They wouldn’t dare since I have been through this already one time before. They are attempting to support me as much as possible. Who knows maybe I’ll get the 2020 out of this.

Hope you get a 20 with all the goodies and it's solid for you …. 🤞

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hope you get a 20 with all the goodies and it's solid for you ….
I seriously doubt that will happen, but here is hoping! I already have a consumer affairs call into Nissan. I am thinking about calling Consumer Reports. I have seriously thought hard about how I can bring this to the court of public opinion. While Nissans image is severely tarnished over their CEO, having a PR debacle over the quality of their engines isn’t going to look good. It might provide some leverage for some of us. This has mostly stayed out of the news. It’s high time it bubbles to the surface.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The tech called me this afternoon and said I was approved for a long block. He also said that he has no idea when it will arrive.
Who is the dealer that approved it?

1061 - 1080 of 1128 Posts