Nissan Titan Forum banner

1121 - 1130 of 1130 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Which makes it easy to put in the Titan. Wink wink. That engine and the 9 speed will be in the next Pathfinder. That is confirmed. You heard it here first
Wouldn't surprise me at all, even if we didn't all know you may have some kind of insider knowledge. ;)

I've watched several videos about people VK swapping their Frontier with motors and parts from the 1st gen Titan and most of it all just bolted right up! Seems like Nissan likes being able to share as much as they can between the two trucks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, next Frontier is also going to be a unibody platform based off the Pathy, which will make it a Honda Ridgeline - no bueno!
Ughhhnnnasf.. Somehow I totally missed that. Yikes, Nissan is totally killing the Frontier for me with the next gen.... Good thing I have a low miles 2010 w/ the 6spd manual that should last me a good while..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah, next Frontier is also going to be a unibody platform based off the Pathy, which will make it a Honda Ridgeline - no bueno!
That will never happen. Think about that for a minute. A 15 year old body on frame pickup truck sells better than a 3 year old unibody pickup truck by almost 2 to 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
Somewhere I read that the Pathfinder is supposed to go back to a body on frame, anyone else remember seeing that?
Pathfinders used to be everywhere, I had one for 7 years and it was a solid vehicle, I see the new style around but not in the numbers like I still see of the last body style.

Clint

·
Registered
300 Posts
Somewhere I read that the Pathfinder is supposed to go back to a body on frame, anyone else remember seeing that?
Pathfinders used to be everywhere, I had one for 7 years and it was a solid vehicle, I see the new style around but not in the numbers like I still see of the last body style.

Clint
My understanding is that is the plan. It is following the Explorer. This way they don’t have to build the Xterra. Get the fuel economy of a CUV while also getting the off road nature of an SUV

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,126
My understanding is that is the plan. It is following the Explorer. This way they don’t have to build the Xterra. Get the fuel economy of a CUV while also getting the off road nature of an SUV

Huh? The Explorer is unibody. Has been since 2011 and still is

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
That will never happen. Think about that for a minute. A 15 year old body on frame pickup truck sells better than a 3 year old unibody pickup truck by almost 2 to 1.
Well common sense would have us thinking so, but I know some well-placed folks. They argued with the Japanese developers to prevent it from moving off the BOF platform, but they wouldn't listen. Both Pathy and next Frontier will have the 3.8L V6 with the 9 spd tranny and be unibody.

Current Pathfinder's problem is not that it's unibody, it's the CVT tranny. We have had probably 6 of them cycle through my garage and currently own a 2018 with 26K miles on it already - it's a great vehicle. It's not an offroad vehicle by any measure though, but 98% of all the CUVs aren't intended to go muddin' either.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,128
There was no reason for the Pathfinder to go Unibody. They have the Rogue and Murano for CUV people that don't go off roading. And there is no reason for the Frontier to go Unibody either. Nissan is just shooting themselves in the foot.

The ship has sailed where the Pathfinder and Frontier were once competition for the 4runner and Tacoma.

Toyota is doing it right...4runner and Sequioa for offroad SUV folks. Highlander and RAV4 for the CUV driving soccer moms and grocery getters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got my oil analysis back from Blackstone and this is what they said:
There is some excess metal in this sample, but not from the cylinders -
aluminum, chrome, and iron, from the pistons, rings, and cylinder liners (and other steel parts) are close to
averages for the engine type. These averages on the far right are based on oil run about 5,700 miles. It's
copper and lead that are elevated. Lead is a bearing metal. Copper can be from bearings too, but wrist pins
and rocker arm bushings are also possibilities. Continue to monitor this engine carefully, change this oil soon and check back on metals in 2000 miles. It shows 42 on lead and 11 on copper when the average should be 4 for both. Not sure of the severity of this as they did not say to take any immediate action but worry some all the same. I'm debating taking it in for oil change at dealer and presenting the report or changing my own oil, running another 2000 and then if it comes back same, presenting it to the dealer then. Hopefully someone with more knowledge could give insight or suggestions. 2017 30000miles and 3000 on the submitted sample. The knock has been consistent for a while and hasn't seemed louder. I can't really say if it was from the beginning as I really only payed attention after reading about this online. Have had it in the dealer for the noise but got the same conclusions as a lot of you " sounds right and tech doesn't hear anything abnormal, check back if it gets louder".

·
Premium Member
68,626 Posts
There was no reason for the Pathfinder to go Unibody. They have the Rogue and Murano for CUV people that don't go off roading. And there is no reason for the Frontier to go Unibody either. Nissan is just shooting themselves in the foot.

The ship has sailed where the Pathfinder and Frontier were once competition for the 4runner and Tacoma.

Toyota is doing it right...4runner and Sequioa for offroad SUV folks. Highlander and RAV4 for the CUV driving soccer moms and grocery getters.
How come my brother had to have a new engine put in his brand new Highlander?? It was hammering and banging like a McCormick wheat thrasher. Same old crap, different flavor... Doing it right, huh...

1121 - 1130 of 1130 Posts