Nissan Titan Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1273 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can someone who has had their engine replaced, make a video through the wheel well so we can hear what a non knocking motor sounds like. Seems like I can hear a dull knock even in ones that are suppose to be ok. Would be nice to hear what it’s suppose to sound like.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Can someone who has had their engine replaced, make a video through the wheel well so we can hear what a non knocking motor sounds like. Seems like I can hear a dull knock even in ones that are suppose to be ok. Would be nice to hear what it’s suppose to sound like.
I know right !! I got a 4Runner and it sounds like a sewing machine .. I guess engines are supposed to be quiet like a church-mouse. Every engine is infected !!! :::eeekkkk:::runsaroundinacircle::;

·
Registered
16 Posts
My truck is gone. Way too many issues, even if they were all fixed ( they weren't) I still would not be able to trust it. Bye bye Titan XD, I liked everything about it except problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
792 Posts
Tough sometimes because these engines are noisy to begin with.

Many folks focus on the knock at idle but in mine you can also hear the engine knocking while you are driving. Keep windows up and radio off.... during acceleration between 1100 and 1900 rpm you can hear it..especially under load...

I had a 17’ before this 19’ and it did not have these knocks. Engine was smooth and quiet..

You will know when you have the issue.. It’s very obvious..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed what I would call a knock when I drove my 2019 SV home from the dealer with zero miles on it. So I’ve always thought these motors were noisy. I would just like to hear an example of one that is not knocking.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,227
Search back through this thread guys. Plenty of videos with the knocking sound.

·
Registered
319 Posts
My truck is gone. Way too many issues, even if they were all fixed ( they weren't) I still would not be able to trust it. Bye bye Titan XD, I liked everything about it except problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What did you get? I’m thinking about doing the same thong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is what my 2019 SV sounds like... it has sounded like this since the day we brought it home new from the dealer with zero miles. Have 7,000 miles now, hasn’t changed. Is this a knock or is this normal?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I suspect that the same dealer that can't hear the knock or find any TSB in their system when you come in for normal service, would suddenly hear the knock loud and clear and magically know all about the defect when you showed up out of warranty wanting to trade in.
Exactly won’t be worth a dime when you trade it because it needs an engine

Why do people allow dealerships to do this to them. Go to another dealer or ask to see pics of the cylinders call them on the carpet take it to another mechanic have him scope and take pics don’t let dealerships walk all over you. I am worried you pain full price for the Armada too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is what my 2019 SV sounds like... it has sounded like this since the day we brought it home new from the dealer with zero miles. Have 7,000 miles now, hasn’t changed. Is this a knock or is this normal?

doesn’t sound bad to me at all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
s?o

My 19 Pro4X with 14k miles. Maybe a hint of the knock idk.
[/QUO

sounds normal to me, don't hear any knock. The knock is pretty obvious. I get it sometimes and other times I don't have it. Its strange. I'll eventually get mine checked out. I'm not worried about it, in fact I'd like to run the current engine longer before I take it in and find out I need the short block replaced under warranty. I'd like to get more miles out of it before I get the new short block.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Okay update guys. Mine did have the dreaded knock. Anyone here in the Massachusetts/ Connecticut area I brought mine to Lia Nissan in Enfield....they have been great. Soon as I drove into the service bay the technician heard it. After dealing with Nissan for 2 days they got a short block approved. Waiting to hear when I will get it back as they are chasing down all the parts. I want to thank you guys on here. If not for this forum I would have just assumed that was how the engine sounds. Oh for all of you who said " Direct injection sounds like that" . The Nissan master tech said if it sounds like its knocking get it looked at.! Mine had 44,000 on it.38,000 when I bought it. I will keep you guys updated.
Jason

1221 - 1240 of 1273 Posts