Nissan Titan Forum banner

1261 - 1273 of 1273 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My guess is that oil is now leaking. Probably good you are having it changed. Get the long block. Btw, I live in NH. Nissan in Concord NH had a tech that has done this several times. He is real good. You can’t even tell my engine was changed. He has the process down. Maybe you can go there to get it done.
I had a feeling it’d need a new motor. They determined that it didn’t need a long block. Already have a new short block ordered. They said it’d take them a week to do and they’ve done dozens of these already. I’m not worried about it though since it’s all warranty. If they have to replace the whole long block again down the road that’s their problem lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a feeling it’d need a new motor. They determined that it didn’t need a long block. Already have a new short block ordered. They said it’d take them a week to do and they’ve done dozens of these already. I’m not worried about it though since it’s all warranty. If they have to replace the whole long block again down the road that’s their problem lol
They did a shot block on my 18 Titan truck ran great for a month then truck would not start dealer says the block is cracked now Nissan is sending a long block
Hope this one last longer than 30 days

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got my truck back this week after needing a new short block . Everything seems to be great, truck seems to be getting slightly worse fuel mileage . Hopefully that changes once it’s broke in

·
Registered
134 Posts
Got my truck back this week after needing a new short block . Everything seems to be great, truck seems to be getting slightly worse fuel mileage . Hopefully that changes once it’s broke in
I don't track my mileage myself like I should, but the truck computer tells me I'm driving a 16 mpg truck now instead of a 17.5 mpg truck ever since my short block replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "Rob J, message: 8082015, membre: 265370"]
J'habite au Canada et le concessionnaire m'a dit qu'ils ne remplaçaient que par de longs blocs.

Envoyé depuis mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
[/CITATION]
Où au Canada
La

·
Registered
44 Posts
[QUOTE = "Rob J, message: 8082015, membre: 265370"]
J'habite au Canada et le concessionnaire m'a dit qu'ils ne remplaçaient que par de longs blocs.

Envoyé depuis mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
[/CITATION]
Où au Canada
La
Your dealer maybe mistaken, which is not unusual. Read through the thread you will see a copy of the TSB. 17's and 18's are getting short blocks. A couple of people on here with 2019's have been getting long blocks probably because they are not part of the TSB yet. I am from BC.

Votre revendeur peut se tromper, ce qui n'est pas inhabituel. Lisez le fil, vous verrez une copie du BST. 17 et 18 obtiennent des blocs courts. Quelques personnes ici avec des 2019 ont obtenu de longs blocs probablement parce qu'ils ne font pas encore partie du BST. Je viens de la Colombie-Britannique.

used an online translater so excuse any grammatical errors.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Titan S 5.6L
2 Posts
OK. This is becoming a well known issue now. I go in this Wednesday for my diagnosis.

Some of you are getting a long block replacement, some of you are getting short block replacement, some are being told that their engine isn't going to be replaced until Nissan has a fix.

So does Nissan have a fix? Anything posted publicly by Nissan about this issue?

I really don't want to be told that they will replace my engine only to have the problem come back again because an engine of the same design will be put back in.

It's bad enough to be replaced once even worse if it has to happen twice. In these situations, the vehicle will never be the same again. Guaranteed there will be fitment problems, rattle problems and other mechanical issues that will show up later on.
I bought a 2018 Titan S in Alabama, drove it to Utah over the winter for a 6 month job assignment. Over the winter there it developed an engine knock at approximately 15000 miles. I'm setting up an appointment with my dealerships maintenance department this week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I for one would be very interested in knowing what kind of diagnosis is done on your truck's engine. With me, the only diagnosis done was the service manager coming out and listening to my engine as it knocked away.

I am one that Nissan Canada has decided to send a short block engine. The Nissan Canada Customer Care Supervisor that I was talking with said that Nissan Tech had determined that the knocking problem is confined to the short block and they have redesigned the short block to eliminate the knocking "forever". That is why I'm getting the short block as all the rest of the components are OK
I took my 2017 titan Sv to dealer today and they did not hear knock but upon bore scope told me nissan would cover small block replacement. Should be done next week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update: Truck was supposed to go in Monday for a new short block. Was called yesterday and told that the technician doing the job would be out all week due to no childcare (Covid19)
Rescheduled to go in the following Monday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How are all the replacement engines holding up? I am looking at a 2019 with low mileage knowing that it may have to have the engine replaced at some point, but if the replacements are still having issues I think that would steer me away 100%.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Update: Truck was supposed to go in Monday for a new short block. Was called yesterday and told that the technician doing the job would be out all week due to no childcare (Covid19)
Rescheduled to go in the following Monday.
That sucks for him and you. Pray everyone stays safe and healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1261 - 1273 of 1273 Posts