Nissan Titan Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1496 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,347 Posts
...Sales guy played dumb and claimed to not know anything about the problem even though his service department is changing one engine a week.
First of all, a lot of car salesmen are dumb. Not all, but then there are the ones that just plain dishonest. It's easy to confuse the two. Second, it's not that unusual for the service and sales areas to not talk to each other. I wrote software for car dealerships and the two areas were quite insular.

Reactions: KenedyTXTitan

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Car sales people are sales people only, they are not there as a car lover.
My friend is the general manager, been at the same dealership for 26 years, it’s all and only about the money, period.

Clint

Reactions: KenedyTXTitan

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,423
I think word is getting out on these, Nissan Titan sales are in the toilet. Funny when you see all the auto journalists reviews no one mentions the problem. You think Nissan would want to get ahead of this and reassure potential buyers that the problem is being taken care of and fixed on new trucks. The fact that they are no saying anything makes you wonder if the problem is fixed.
Auto journalists probably don't have a clue that this problem exists.

Nissan isn't going to say anything about this problem unless they are forced to by government regulation. Such as a recall for some sort of safety issue. It would be like shooting yourself in the foot.

Much like the 1st generation Titan...Nissan said jack **** to anyone about all of the failing axles and manifolds. They played the game of statistical failure knowing that statistically the axles and manifolds would fail past the warranty period. Admitting the problem is admitting guilt which then means they would have to spend thousands of dollars to fix the problem. No way that's happening.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,424
Car sales people are sales people only, they are not there as a car lover.
My friend is the general manager, been at the same dealership for 26 years, it’s all and only about the money, period.

Clint
Car sales people are car sales people because they can't do anything else in life. And most of them are a bunch of snakes. Kind of the bottom of the barrel for a job and career.

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Car sales people are car sales people because they can't do anything else in life. And most of them are a bunch of snakes. Kind of the bottom of the barrel for a job and career.
Many make over $100,000 a year. My neighbor is a Lexus sales woman and once lockdown allowed inside sales to open she did 33 cars last month. I bet that has a very large payday.
Yes, auto sales people aren’t known for honesty.

Clint

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, we think the new motor may be sitting in a warehouse in TN right now waiting to be shipped to PA to the dealer. It may be delivered soon (within 1 week?)

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Hi. So what do you mean by this? They will not swap out the engine, rather rebuild it? Thanks
I’m guessing he means long block over a short block.

Clint

Reactions: AZ59apacheguy

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Engine left the warehouse yesterday but we still do not have an ETA or where it is exactly headed just yet.
Then you’re on your way to it being perfect again.

Clint

·
Registered
31 Posts
Picked up my truck today after being dropped off last Monday and promised last Thurs or Friday at the latest. Maybe I'm paranoid now but engine still sound a little rattlely, especially on the drivers side. Not sure if it is the valve train rattling away or what. Otherwise job looks ok. I don't see anything obvious. Didn't clean the air intake piece on the top of the engine, just put it back dirty which really makes me wonder about the quality of the job. Time will tell I guess.

Seriously considering dumping the truck. I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere and have it fail in a big way. Had a GMC before this and really liked it no issues. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
683 Posts
They all have their issues. Fords answer to buring oil is a longer dip stick. The new Chevy in RST trim with 22" high gloss black rims in white is pretty snazzy imo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Picked up my truck today after being dropped off last Monday and promised last Thurs or Friday at the latest. Maybe I'm paranoid now but engine still sound a little rattlely, especially on the drivers side. Not sure if it is the valve train rattling away or what. Otherwise job looks ok. I don't see anything obvious. Didn't clean the air intake piece on the top of the engine, just put it back dirty which really makes me wonder about the quality of the job. Time will tell I guess.

Seriously considering dumping the truck. I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere and have it fail in a big way. Had a GMC before this and really liked it no issues. Any recommendations?
Did you get a short block or long block replacement?

Our engine should arrive this week. But in the mean time we put a deposit down on a 2020 Chevy 3500 High Country with the Duramax. I need to tow a long distance in 2 1/2 weeks and the delay with Nissan has kinda screwed things up for us.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you get a short block or long block replacement?

Our engine should arrive this week. But in the mean time we put a deposit down on a 2020 Chevy 3500 High Country with the Duramax. I need to tow a long distance in 2 1/2 weeks and the delay with Nissan has kinda screwed things up for us.
Short Block

·
Premium Member
20,347 Posts
It depends on what you want to do with a truck. I moved up from a Titan to an F-350 (diesel) and I'm very pleased with my truck. The Titan set a high bar. It was the most reliable vehicle I had owned up until then.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did not look at all post but was wondering should I be concerned with my 2019 pro4x?? I just did a recall on my truck when it was serviced and I think it was an Engine mapping thing? Thx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Still no motor. We decided to move forward with a new Chevy 3500 Duramax High Country today. Picking it up Saturday hopefully. I'll have to sell the Titan XD outright now. Nissan is a mess as a corporation and doesn't seem to have their act together at all. Been told so many things the past 2 months it has made my head spin.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Still no motor. We decided to move forward with a new Chevy 3500 Duramax High Country today. Picking it up Saturday hopefully. I'll have to sell the Titan XD outright now. Nissan is a mess as a corporation and doesn't seem to have their act together at all. Been told so many things the past 2 months it has made my head spin.
Do you have diesel or 5.6 in the xd?

·
Registered
24 Posts
5.6 with the 7 speed. We really like the truck but the engine issue has put us in a real bind. We leave in 2 weeks for a 2 week vacation across the south east and Smoky Mountains with some other YouTuber friends and we can't tow our 5th wheel without a truck so...At least we'll have more capability with the new 3500 (I guess). The Titan XD towed so very nicely I hope the Duramax does as well. I know we will have gobs more power but I hope the towing experience is as good if not better.

1421 - 1440 of 1496 Posts