Nissan Titan Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1496 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bummer. Is that something I should be concern about in my 2019 truck or is it more 2016- 2018?
Hard to say really. I do believe they have extended the TSB to include the 2019s as well. Oddly enough the 2016s are still not included in the TSB but the problem is there. I would just listen carefully for it and if you hear it, let Nissan know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am still worried about the issue. I just bought my 2019 Titan SL in March. I have owned a F-150, Silverado and a Ram before. Some things I have read shows my truck might be good to go since my manufactured date is November of 2019. I just hope it works out since I take it to the Georgia mountains from Florida every year.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I am still worried about the issue. I just bought my 2019 Titan SL in March. I have owned a F-150, Silverado and a Ram before. Some things I have read shows my truck might be good to go since my manufactured date is November of 2019. I just hope it works out since I take it to the Georgia mountains from Florida every year.
No need to worry..

My 19’ was made Nov. 18’ and I'm not worried since I already have the noise!!!! Lol..

One thing I have noticed is once the noise appears it doesn't seem to worsen. Both on my 19’ Titan and even on my 18’ Armada with 40k on her...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why worry? Drive the truck, put ~50,000 miles on it and take it in to Nissan to get a new short block, then drive the wheels off it.

My 2017 has the knock, albeit pretty faint. It seems to be a lot more noticeable in the winter time. Not sure if anyone else has noticed it being louder when cold versus when its warm.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Why worry? Drive the truck, put ~50,000 miles on it and take it in to Nissan to get a new short block, then drive the wheels off it.

My 2017 has the knock, albeit pretty faint. It seems to be a lot more noticeable in the winter time. Not sure if anyone else has noticed it being louder when cold versus when its warm.
Yes!! At first I thought I had a noisy tire on the drivers side until I rotated them and the noise did not change...
Yes, colder it is the louder it is...

·
Registered
5 Posts
We had a short block replacement on our 2018 Pro4X Titan last November due to the knocking issue. Since then we've been back at the Nissan shop 5 or 6 times fixing issues related to the short block replacement. We're booked back in next week because its leaking oil now and I guess there is a faulty gasket and they need to remove and reinstall the engine. The local guys have been very accomodating, and it's great they are fixing things for us quickly, but it's worrisome how many different issues keep popping up because of this.

Wasn't there a guy here that was given a brand new truck by Nissan because of the amount of times he needed to go back in for fixes?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Because of an upcoming trip where I desperately needed our truck and Nissan's poor performance on getting us the new long block in time (2 months+ and counting!!) we had to buy a new truck. Our 2016 Titan XD will be for sale soon with a new engine (eventually?) If anyone is interested I will post details on the Titan XD forum in the for sale area. We loved the Titan XD but a new Duramax 3500 we hope will provide more room for growth with our glamping obsession. Still, the looks of the Titan XD Pro-4X cannot be beat IMO.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan NV Highroof 4x4
5 Posts
Looks like the my 2017 NV 3500 SL is going in for it's 2nd block replacement. Did the first one at just 7K miles and this one is at 23K miles. When the first one was replaced I thought it was just bad luck. I didn't see any posts about this in the nissanNVforum, but after realizing it was going bad again I started doing some searches about the 5.6 motor in general and found this forum. I'm super bummed about this. I've put a bunch of $$$ into making this a 4x4 family escape vehicle and can't really afford to just dump it. I have to hope they have the bad block problem fixed for good. I should be hearing back from the dealer tomorrow. Last time (July 2018) it took 2 weeks to get the job done. Hoping for sooner as we have cabin booked (paid in full) in about 10 days and need this truck to get all our fun stuff there. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks like the my 2017 NV 3500 SL is going in for it's 2nd block replacement. Did the first one at just 7K miles and this one is at 23K miles. When the first one was replaced I thought it was just bad luck. I didn't see any posts about this in the nissanNVforum, but after realizing it was going bad again I started doing some searches about the 5.6 motor in general and found this forum. I'm super bummed about this. I've put a bunch of $$$ into making this a 4x4 family escape vehicle and can't really afford to just dump it. I have to hope they have the bad block problem fixed for good. I should be hearing back from the dealer tomorrow. Last time (July 2018) it took 2 weeks to get the job done. Hoping for sooner as we have cabin booked (paid in full) in about 10 days and need this truck to get all our fun stuff their. Wish me luck.
Sorry about your luck man.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Looks like the my 2017 NV 3500 SL is going in for it's 2nd block replacement. Did the first one at just 7K miles and this one is at 23K miles. When the first one was replaced I thought it was just bad luck. I didn't see any posts about this in the nissanNVforum, but after realizing it was going bad again I started doing some searches about the 5.6 motor in general and found this forum. I'm super bummed about this. I've put a bunch of $$$ into making this a 4x4 family escape vehicle and can't really afford to just dump it. I have to hope they have the bad block problem fixed for good. I should be hearing back from the dealer tomorrow. Last time (July 2018) it took 2 weeks to get the job done. Hoping for sooner as we have cabin booked (paid in full) in about 10 days and need this truck to get all our fun stuff their. Wish me luck.
I’d wait until after your trip. My knocking 18’ Armada has hauled the family fully loaded from SA to LA a few times. I’m at almost 40k now and knock is barely louder that when I originally heard it at 10k.... Never burned a drop of oil..

If the Armada gets a redesign this fall will be trading her for another.. We trade the family hauler every three years anyway so I will skip the engine swap drama..

·
Registered
2017 Nissan NV Highroof 4x4
5 Posts
If the dealer can't get it done in time or provide some sort of loaner I will probably wait. Both times mine has done something weird. When I drive up a high canyon it loses oil from the valve covers and it burns up when it lands on the manifold. Doesn't loose much, but still worrisome I might burn a valve and be left stranded. This next trip I'll be driving to a base elevation of 9000 ft.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I’d wait until after your trip. My knocking 18’ Armada has hauled the family fully loaded from SA to LA a few times. I’m at almost 40k now and knock is barely louder that when I originally heard it at 10k.... Never burned a drop of oil..

If the Armada gets a redesign this fall will be trading her for another.. We trade the family hauler every three years anyway so I will skip the engine swap drama..
If the dealer can't get it done in time or provide some sort of loaner I will probably wait. Both times mine has done something weird. When I drive up a high canyon it loses oil from the valve covers and it burns up when it lands on the manifold. Doesn't loose much, but still worrisome I might burn a valve and be left stranded. This next trip I'll be driving to a base elevation of 9000 ft.
Man, almost seems like they screwed something up during the first engine changeout....

I'm sure all the knockers that have been hitting the service bays as of late are making the techs a bit more skilled at properly replacing the motors...

1441 - 1460 of 1496 Posts