Dealer wanted to provide us with a loaner but the problem is I'm not sure the specs would be good enough for our upcoming trip. We tow a 9500lb 5th wheel and our Titan XD had a payload that was already being pushed to the edge with the camper pin weight. Any less capability on a 2k mile round trip adventure in the mountains could spell trouble. That's why we decided to just go ahead and purchase a new truck. If they had handed off the truck to me with a new engine by the end of this week I would never be able to rack the kind of miles on it that are needed with a new motor before we left. We got our new 3500 this past weekend and so far we really like it and it matches up nicely with our 5th wheel. We already have almost 500 miles on it so it will be ready for a short tow and then an oil change and then be ready for our long journey next week. It seems like we always have to bring the Titan back to the dealer after a repair too, they can never seem to get everything right the first time. :-/If the dealer can't get it done in time or provide some sort of loaner I will probably wait. Both times mine has done something weird. When I drive up a high canyon it loses oil from the valve covers and it burns up when it lands on the manifold. Doesn't loose much, but still worrisome I might burn a valve and be left stranded. This next trip I'll be driving to a base elevation of 9000 ft.