Nissan Titan Forum banner

1561 - 1568 of 1568 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
This is our first long haul towing with our 5th wheel behind us with our new 2020 SIlverado. Very impressed with the experience.

This isn’t a Silverado forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 texas edition titan sv 4x4
32 Posts
if you make it past 30k miles, I wonder if that means your engine is in the clear?

I didn't learn about this issue till recently and we bought our truck Saturday. its at 30k right now because we bought it used. I like it but don't want to deal with a bad engine

·
Registered
28 Posts
if you make it past 30k miles, I wonder if that means your engine is in the clear?

I didn't learn about this issue till recently and we bought our truck Saturday. its at 30k right now because we bought it used. I like it but don't want to deal with a bad engine
Problem showed up on our Titan XD at around 50K

·
Registered
32 Posts
dang, not the type of thing that makes me want to keep the truck. I am still in the window to return it, I believe they said I have 5 or 7 days

·
Registered
13 Posts
Those we're all trash too if I go by the internet. I can't recall a time in history where Nissan was considered a good vehicle. I'm only 40 and remember the datsun jokes of the 80s. The only Nissan that has any respect is the hardbody. All you're doing is continuing the trend you're not saying nothing new.
If you only go by the internet, you're likely getting all of the bad stories and none of the good ones. That's the nature of the internet, right?

I've owned a lot of Nissan products and I know many people who have owned many Nissan products without issue. Close family friend have had four Maximas, 93, 2000, 2006 - all with 200k+ miles on them with original powertrain assemblies (the 93 made it into the 300k mile range before they decided to sell it). A radiator and a couple starters were the most significant repairs. I have owned a couple 370Zs - that's one of the most rock solid cars out there today. We owned a couple Rogues and they were absolutely fine. Our 2015 had 70k miles on it with only routine maintenance and ZERO issues whatsoever until we decided to upsize to a QX60 - 46k miles in with no issues. We have a project 240SX in the family now that has suffered more from negligence by previous ownership than build quality. I briefly owned an Infiniti Q50S that was a wonderful car.

My first Titan (a 2017 Pro4X) was the second worst vehicle I ever owned (that honor goes to a 2001 VW Jetta 1.8T - the textbook example of a lemon). My Titan had a litany of issues until Nissan worked with me and helped me into a 2018. I just traded it for a 2020 and it's spectacular for the first 1000 miles.

Yes, my 2017 was awful, but I have had a Sentra SE-R, three Altimas coupes (two CVT, one 6MT), three 370Zs, two Rogues, a Q50, a QX60, and on my third Titan now and only one of those cars has had a significant issue. The rest were routine maintenance and the occasional recall. That's not a bad shake. Law of averages says I should have fared worse than that based on what I have had.

Maybe I have just had good luck overall? But I feel I'm a pretty damn decent case study on recent models and their reliability.

·
Premium Member
3,682 Posts
Mine was at 52,000 miles and ran like a top. Don’t let the stories here scare you away, there are plenty of people without a problem. I only did it because I was able to come out of it with no increase in the payment and a 0% loan with actually saved me a bit of money or I would have just kept rolling the miles on the blue one.
Nissan has never let me down and with this warranty we are covered.

Clint

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know my 01 frontier cc is a dang good truck and has 240k on her and runs like a top.

I verified that since we bought it nissan certified we get the 7 year powertrain warranty so we are going to ride it out and hope ours is a dependable as my dad and buddies titans have been

1561 - 1568 of 1568 Posts