Nissan Titan Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 1722 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
3rd that sucks. I'd have no faith at that point. Im on my second and thought I heard it knocking the other day, but it might be in my head. How many miles of each?

·
Registered
18 Posts
3rd that sucks. I'd have no faith at that point. Im on my second and thought I heard it knocking the other day, but it might be in my head. How many miles of each?
bought truck with 40,000km,around 60,000km,they determined it was knocking..replaced short block..botched the rebuild,missing oil seals etc..different dealer approved a full long block replacment..got the truck back friday,everything seems good.

·
Registered
172 Posts
hi folks..17 pro4x,9o,oookm..on the 3rd engine..long time reader,first time poster
When was your first engine replacement? Wondering if it was replaced before they had corrected the flaw.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
18 Posts
When was your first engine replacement? Wondering if it was replaced before they had corrected the flaw.
last july,under warrenty..small block,,missing bolts,reused bolts..missing oil seals..etc..were very thankfull the other dealership approved a long block replacement..

·
Registered
172 Posts
last july,under warrenty..small block,,missing bolts,reused bolts..missing oil seals..etc..were very thankfull the other dealership approved a long block replacement..
So your first engine was replaced due to knock, and the dealership botched the reassembly causing your 2nd engine to fail.... Nice. That's exactly what PRJ and I were afraid of in the context of the short block replacements. But sounds like they REALLY botched yours, haha!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whoa, third engine! Dang
they had the truck for nearly a month..on the small block replacement..they could not get a proper oil pressure reading..so the fix was to up the revs.. to 725 at idle..instead of 600 to 725.....our other dealer ship set the rpms to spec...oil light came on right away..not sure if the intermitant loud mettalic snapping sound,upon ignition..was the result of low oil pressure..whitch was the reason for getting a second opinion..apoligize for my terrable spelling..

·
Registered
18 Posts
So your first engine was replaced due to knock, and the dealership botched the reassembly causing your 2nd engine to fail.... Nice. That's exactly what PRJ and I were afraid of in the context of the short block replacements. But sounds like they REALLY botched yours, haha!
yes sir!after nearly a month..there still working on it..i wanted a complete long block..even the mechanic was trying for us,how many times do you want your engine tore apart..once home,noticed 2 missing bolts,right away,behind the headlight,that holds the body panels together..plus the dip stic read nearly an inch and a half past the,not needing anymore oil mark!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just dropped off the Armada for a new engine tonight, the head service guy said all 5.6’s in the vin range need a new engine. He just took in a 2019 with the knock.

·
Registered
172 Posts
...the head service guy said all 5.6’s in the vin range need a new engine.
If that's actually true, Nissan needs to do the right thing and step up and issue a recall instead of relying on customers to identify their motor is knocking and complain. How many people will go past the warranty period but still suffer an otherwise premature failure? SHAME on Nissan if that's actually the case.

I'm more inclined to believe that it isn't actually all engines, but maybe I'm just trying to give Nissan the benefit of the doubt...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just dropped off the Armada for a new engine tonight, the head service guy said all 5.6’s in the vin range need a new engine. He just took in a 2019 with the knock.
Yup. that is what I've been saying. Why would it any different. Even if you don't yet have the knock damage could be done. Some people who have heard the knock have had severe damage.
Just hope now it is actually fixed.

If you are close to end of warranty get it checked by an independent if necessary.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Agreed, My dealer said they check all the customers 5.6’s for the knock when they come in for service and that’s how they find them. He said he hopes its fixed but I didn’t sense a lot of confidence in him. I’ve talked to several Nissan techs now and some have said the block is the culprit one said the pistons but all eluded to all 5.6’s 17-19 being affected. Pretty crazy.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
367 Posts
I wonder if mine is already replaced and that's why the original owner got rid of it with only 29k miles in it?

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
367 Posts
I saw my engine for the first time this weekend. I figured I would check the oil and stuff. it looks so small in that huge engine bay.

1661 - 1680 of 1722 Posts