Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARE COMING...just a rumor but more than a few peeps have heard it..not the same company that was giving the run around to greg either....8-10 weeks..cross your fingers...I heard 4.10 and 4.56...we will see...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Precision???? I know they are making gears, spools, lockers for the "Dana 44" in xterras and frontiers, I believe those can/will be able to work in titan diffs. If its from Precision you can probably thank TeamXterraRacing for those.

·
Registered
682 Posts
That truck is sick^^^

·
Registered
596 Posts
nope. just trying to decide on full exhaust or tru trac so i have the 2.94 but i bought the 2 chips for the tow mode after to pull a u-haul

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
debos titan said:
nope. just trying to decide on full exhaust or tru trac so i have the 2.94 but i bought the 2 chips for the tow mode after to pull a u-haul
The was asking about the big tow and offroad because those are the only two options that give you the lower gear ratio. Do you mean relays? Those won't have anything to do with the ratio. :confused:

·
Registered
596 Posts
vipzach said:
The was asking about the big tow and offroad because those are the only two options that give you the lower gear ratio. Do you mean relays? Those won't have anything to do with the ratio. :confused:
yeah i mean the relays

·
Registered
256 Posts
Gears are to offset larger tires to get stock performance back after you've done a lift. Course some folks like to change the gears to make their trucks work better offroad, at the cost of gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
truetrac might save you money in the long run by not chirping your right tire everywhere and wearing it out. BTW, did i mention my tire is about bald haha.
also with bigger tires means more stress on tranny/rearend. The Lower gears 4:10, 4:56 will actually relaive some of the stress

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I CANT WAIT..I just drove the truck from Southern Cali to Laughlin...then back...I need those gears lol....and..I got an average of almost 13 mpg...that was the best I got so far in this thing with the 40's.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
you don't want bigger gears bro,lol not for racing anyways, you will hit your rev limiter faster than fu#k and wont be able to do **** for the back half of the track.. even uprev can't re-calibrate the speedo with gear swaps but i think if nuff people wanted it they could probably do it.. you could get your speed limiter removed and do the bigger gears though..

also if you ever plan on doing drag radials it is lot easier to do a effective gear ratio change by just going to a shorter tire.. like me with 2.94 rear end with 28" tire i cross the 1/4 mile at 5500rpms in 3rd gear and ends up being like a 3.23-3.30 gear ratio i believe .. still making little power, but if you change to 4.10 you'll definatly shift into 4th and that imo is a bad thing, 3rd is the money gear..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts