Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im talking the frontal intake system, the DIY("Ram Air" without hood/fender body work)"search"...anybody else try it or like the idea of it...seriously considering it...and anybody have pieces to their factory grill, if you replaced your grill and don't want the pieces i'll take them:teethmast

Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any comments would be appreciated

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Do a search for RB's ramair mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RBtitan did it about a year ago.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah but he never really mentioned his gains or negs, i want to know something first, even opinions would be great

·
Registered
801 Posts
I did it to my S&B like a week ago

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you liking it or what?

·
Registered
801 Posts
The only gains you are going to get is a little cooler air in your intake. On a colder night it fills like it gives a little more kick and at higher speed like on the freeway it feels like their is not as much lag. Like its not starving for air at all. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its helping alright...lol...was it worth it?

·
Registered
801 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'll probably end up doing it just for the heck of it, ill post the pics and updates later on

·
Registered
801 Posts
Well the main reason I did it was because I wanted to do something to the and I had everything in my shed to do it so... I think it was worth it for the pure fact that after driving around for like an hour or so when I touched the intake tube it was not hot like it use to be.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Have fun and Even if you cant feel a diff for some reason at least it gave you time to work on/bond with your truck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks, im definitely doing it

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
what size pvc did you use and what bends and other parts, because i went to lowes today and was looking at the 4in and 3in diameters the 4in looks like the perfect size but not sure what bends i would need.. also what tools did you need?

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
K well i went to home depot and just bought some 4in Irrigation tubing and two 4in rubber couplings and a dremel all for 60 bucks. the dremel being the most expensive and i have nothing else to do today, so i'm going to see how this ram air mod works out and i will post pics before and after.

I got the cortex programmer on the way so i will do some data logging when it comes in and see how well everything works.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this is just an idea i had, instead of using a circular head for the induction, im thinking of using a rectangular piece for more surface area,thats just my thoughts, hope they help

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
It's good for about 2tenths in the 1/4 mile!!!!!!
That came from RB titan!!!!

yeah but he never really mentioned his gains or negs, i want to know something first, even opinions would be great

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
two tenths for just a little hard work sounds good to me plus all the benefits of a regular CAI...i can't wait to install..."idhitit2:

·
Registered
222 Posts
You should add a Velocity Stack to the front. Go to airaid.com :read: and look up the UBI section, it allows you to custom build your intake, you could order a few section and couplers to really make it look custom. Just got paid and bought a couple of pieces. Of course price varies.:teethmast:teethmast:teethmast Can't wait to for my order.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts