Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nismo Cat-Back True Dual Exhaust:
Throaty sound-under 95 DBA
Dual 2.25" 409 stainless steel inlet pipes
Dual 6" 304 Stainless steel ceramic core mufflers
easy installation
50-state legal
covered under factory warranty
11 HP and 8.0 lb-ft increase at the rear wheels!!
MSRP is $1,100.00
Intro price of $925.00 plus shipping

Just call me at 1-800-689-6560 and ask for Jamie

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I would compare this system to FM 70s, but wow that is pricey for 11/8 peak to peak? MF catback single exit is 18/22 peak to peak (average) with the stock y-pipe and is half as cheap. Sound isn’t everything.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Videos Plz!!!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
hehe it's double the price of the jba catback and half the performance gains..
jba numbers on my truck gained was around 22hp 30ftlbs tq gain at the rear wheels.. this was with the stillen headers and high flow cats and a custom tune thru uprev..

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Thats cool, too bad its 3 years late and double the price of what it should be!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Toomnymods said:
hehe it's double the price of the jba catback and half the performance gains..
jba numbers on my truck gained was around 22hp 30ftlbs tq gain at the rear wheels.. this was with the stillen headers and high flow cats and a custom tune thru uprev..
Toomny, do you know if the JBA is CARB Approved?
I'm thinking of just unhooking my current exhaust, and bolting up the JBA, and tweaking it, just a little. :)

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I have the Nismo CAI and Headers and that is a fair bit more than I would spend to test one out to see what kind of gains I could get out of it at the track. If anybody wants a test truck though I would be willing to throw it on there and take it for a few passes and post some before and after numbers. If it worked better than my current setup which is Zoomers, I would pay for it then. 11 and 8 seem kinda low, what are the gains supposed to be with CAI and headers?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
OT: Papa, Im orginally from Florida and lived most of my life there. My family still lives in Oviedo. I moved to Dallas a couple years ago.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I wonder why they didn't put a crossover pipe in there. Seems like it would make more power that way. I have heard that true duals actually hurt performance on most engines up to 400 hp. after that it becomes benificial. (less scavaging effect/less back pressure).

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I think the design shows real promise and you could always fashion an X or H pipe but I like the fact it is 2.25" and matches the size of the headers and my custom bpipes. I said they would have to steal my Zoomers from me but if this thing performs as good as it looks and sounds I will be all over it. I find it hard to believe they are getting such weak numbers out of it and I bet with the proper setup like headers and cams it could do quite well. Time will tell.

·
Registered
450 Posts
WOW real pricey. I think i'll stick with my BANKS Monster exhaust.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
One of the nice things about it is the true dual DIY setup. The flanged install requires no welding which will save a bit of time and money and may just make this system worth while. I just wish I didn't have other mods going right now or I think I would try it out.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I've never understood why most of the time you only find flanged designs on the higher end japanese exhausts while most of the domestics use clamps or require welding.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Cost to produce, really pretty simple.

·
Registered
795 Posts
That part I know but it just reinforces the idea that the japanese have better build quality then domestic maufacturers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts