Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
February 23, 2008 is the big day!

The National Air & Space Museum has a huge Indoor display located near Dulles Airport in Chantilly, VA. All are invited to a Winter meet for Northern VA Titans! Great family event. Good weather or not, we will be there, unless it is a real blizzard.

Details will be updated in the next few weeks. Basically, we plan to have 3 parts to the event, a breakfast meet, day at the museum, and a closing dinner nearby. I plan to come down the evening before, to be able to enjoy the entire day to its fullest. Several local Titans are already committed to this event. Set your expectations high!

It may be Winter, but wash your trucks, everybodies gonna want to see what you brought...

Here is the link so you can see what they have to offer and to see at the Air & Space Museum.

http://www.nasm.si.edu/museum/udvarhazy/

First few details:

Breakfast meet from 7-9. Location TBD.

Museum meet from 10-530.
It is home of the "Enterprise". the real Space Shuttle and the huge Star Trek Movie Model too!
The Museum is Free. Parking is $12.
Carpooling will be available if you wish. Take care of your Titan buddies. Squeeze em in. Save your money for modding!
Museum Hours 10-5:30
I have submitted for a guided tour by a "docent" at 10:30 or 11:00 AM. (It's a free option of course. 20 person minimum)
Great to hang out together for first hour or so, then do lunch,
Food onsite is a McDonalds.
Kids will love it, and they do have good salads now!
Prices should be about normal.
Afterwards, plenty of time to check out:

The Observation tower,
IMax theater,
Lots of Aircraft and Spacecraft,
The Bookstore and Giftshop,
The Flight Simulator and more...

Dinner Meet 6-9.
We're going to need a really big table. Location TBD.

Hotel Information:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've booked my family into the following. It is less than 8 miles from the Museum, and had the lowest Room Rate by far. Many other Hotels are nearby starting about 25% higher. This is the normal "Internet Users Rate". No group reservation made, so reserve asap. Thank you for your support and interest in this Meet. It's looking to be a great turnout.

Suburban Extended Stay Washington-Dulles/Sterling (VA486)
(Division of Choice Hotels Inc.)
45510 East Severn Way
Sterling, VA 20166

http://www.suburbanhotels.com/?sid=gGw8.nXyqdgva.3

Ph: 1.703.674.2299
Fx: 1.703.674.2290

Check In Time: 3PM
Check Out Time: 12PM

$58.50 per night
2 Nights for 2 Adults and 2 Kids was $128.70 with taxes.
1 Night should be about $64.35. That is a bargain!

Pets friendly, but a $75 fee for 1-14 days.
Hi-Speed Internet/Excercise Room/Airport Shuttle/Non-Smoking Rooms Available

We plan on arriving Fri Evening Feb 22nd around 7PM and Leaving on Sunday Feb 24th. Sunday Breakfast anyone?

If you want to check out other locations, here is the address for the Air and Space Museum to aid in your search:

Steven F. Udvar-Hazy
14390 Air & Space Museum Parkway
Chantilly, VA 20151
1.202.633.1000 for information

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
count me in, I'm just down the road from there in Ashburn staying at my brothers. I know all the restruants in the area since I grew up there.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
If its in mid January that would be cool, as I am Moving to MD, and would love to meet some fellow titan owners on the east coast.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
February 23, 2008 is the big day!

I had the date posted in the new member thread where the idea came from, but lost it when I cut and pasted. Arghhhh. Sorry for any confusion.

Hope you can make it. The turnout is looking better and better everyday.

Twistedfreedom, welcome to Maryland!

Thanks,
TitanBlue
John E.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump for HOTEL INFORMATION posted above. The Big Event is coming soon! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Blue

Good to see your still pushin things along. I think I might have to bring my blacky out for this one.

S

BTW Did you notice the latest mod??

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stevestitan said:
Blue

Good to see your still pushin things along. I think I might have to bring my blacky out for this one.

S

BTW Did you notice the latest mod??
Thanks Steve! I'll assume it is the Truetrac??? I don't recall that one before. I love mine.. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like it but to be truthful its not much different than the e locker? I still cant do much of a burnout, especially running my 20" rims.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe we can find a legal place, near Dulles, to "test" them? Also, maybe because you have wider tires, and get real good traction?

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Thanks John! I'll be moving to Maryland January 11th. Thats going to be a long drive... How much is gas out there?? I'm only paying 2.85 here in PHX!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2.89-3.09 for 87 last week. So you won't be in for a shock. Prices have been dropping, but we are typically a high priced region. I had paid as much as 3.49 when I was running 93.

Where are you settling in? Be careful on your drive, and do all you can to enjoy the trip.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
I'm moving to Germantown, It's in Montgomery County about an hour west of the bay and half an hour north of D.C.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
twistedfreedom said:
I'm moving to Germantown, It's in Montgomery County about an hour west of the bay and half an hour north of D.C.
I used to live in Montgomery Co MD, Gaithersburg for 9 years. This a realy nice part of MD. Yes I will be at the meet since its right down the road from me.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
ecmeyla said:
I used to live in Montgomery Co MD, Gaithersburg for 9 years. This a realy nice part of MD. Yes I will be at the meet since its right down the road from me.
I grew up in Potoamac, went to Seneca Valley High School because my mother worked there. I miss the seasons, rain, snow, the beach and Ocean City. It will be nice to be out of the desert finally. Count me in if I can get out of work.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Might be fun, I'll think about it!!

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
How many people are in on this so far? Count me in for 4 total.... 2 adults, 2 kids.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks fellas. I'll be getting together a rough count this evening and come post it on both sites. We're getting good feedback at the other site too.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
UPDATE and THE RED ALERT LUNCHEON SAT Jan 5th at Noon

Wondering how many are coming out for this meet?​

The current count between the 2 big Titan sites, is for 16 Titans committed to being there, and 6 more are hoping to be there. So, a rough guesstimate of 3 people per truck, puts us around 48-66 people! Wow! A Frontier or two will be joining us too.

We do have the optional (free), guided tour set for about 40+ people. Looks like we will be having a blast this day.

I'm going to be hunting down sponsors this coming Saturday while I'm in Chantilly for the "Red Alert Luncheon".

"Red Alert Luncheon"

Red Alert of the CT Site, is in town for the Holidays. He lives in Washington State and is visting relatives for awhile. He will not be able to stay for the Museum meet, but would like to get together with some other Titan owners while he is here. So let's have a luncheon this weekend at Anita's Mexican Restaurant in Chantilly, right at noon.

Red Alert says "The food is good and the beer is cold." I'll check out the Root Beer as usual. :cheers:

Exact address will be posted by Thursday night. (They have 2 locations listed, just a block or 2 apart.) Located on Rt 50. It'll be real easy to find. Consider the lunch opportunity a bonus for the locals to get together for a couple hours! Hope to see several of you guys there.

Come on over and chat for awhile. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
TitanBlue, I met you in Frederick a couple of months ago when you did the 2* adjustment to my copper crewcab. Thanks! I'm going to try and make both events. Anita's is my wife's favorite restaurant so that'll make it easy this Saturday. The restaurant is on the corner of Rt 50 and Centreville Road, just west of the Lexus, Acura and Chevy dealerships. It's been there for around 30 years but I hear it's getting ready to close (there are other Anita's in NoVa, including a new one in Ashburn, where I'm living now. They probably have another location in Chantilly lined up, hopefully!). Next door is the old Cash N Carry, which was probably even old when Grandpa Walton would come up this way. Grab an RC Cola and a moon pie there after lunch. As far as the Air and Space Museum goes, I'm going to try and bring my Dad. Feb 23rd is his birthday, and although he's been to the museum he'll still enjoy it as he's a retired Air Force pilot. In fact, we understand that the B-57 the museum has is the actual one he flew on some missions in Vietnam! I want to get a picture of him in front of it if it's on display. Looking forward to it!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts