Nissan Titan Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Regarding the Texas Nissan Truck Meet:

We have put much thought into the upcoming year. While we have enjoyed our time organizing this event, we feel it is time for us to step back. Many of you know that these past three years have been very busy years for us with lots of life changes. Organizing, planning, sponsor relationships, pulling together games, building awards, etc, is very time consuming. It is about this time of year that sponsors are being contacted, themes are being hammered out, and ideas are becoming reality. For the next four months, normally we spend a lot of time focused on the meet. More time than either of us really realized. Our focus this next year must be on family. Our oldest son has moved out and become a wonderful young man who will be getting married next weekend. Our family move to McKinney and Josh’s move into adulthood has taken its toll on Tony (our youngest child), and we have committed to focusing on him and us as a family.

We are proposing for others to step forward and carry on the meet. We can be here for guidance, if needed.We hope that others will take on different aspects of the meet because whoever organizes it will need their support.

We would also like to propose that whoever takes over the meet’s organization draft official meet guidelines, rules and regulations (bylaws, if you will). The meet has become more than just a gathering of friends camping for the weekend. There are sponsors, merchandise, money, etc. that now lends itself to the necessity of a more organized structure. The larger it gets, the more formal structure it requires. This was our plan for this year. I have a copy of the regulations if the new organizers would like to have those to adjust in any way they see fit.

We know this is a big job for whoever agrees to take it over. Please feel free to nominate organizers, here, but when you do, consider lending a hand to them in some way.

We have met and become friends with so many people through this meet, and we are grateful for you all. Please consider this our official resignation. We reached this decision after much thought and prayer and although it was a tough one, it is final. Once new organizers have been elected or come forward and have been approved, we will pass on all assets to them.

If no one steps forward or accepts a nomination by Feb 15, we will open discussions for worthy causes to donate all assets and money.

Another option would be for temporary organizers to take the meet and change it’s format for one last big blowout to spend all money and give away all merchandise that has been collected over the last few years.

We have always said this is “your meet.” We are leaving it in your hands to do with as you see fit. Please feel free to contact us privately or publicly. We will be posting updates as things progress.

Stephen and LaTresa Wilson

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hello! I know this is an older thread and we are way past 2016 planning, but the summary above is worth the bump. I haven't seen anything posted since the Matagorda meet thread last year.

Did anyone pick up the reins from the Wilson's? Any planning for a 2017 meet?

Cheers!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hello! I know this is an older thread and we are way past 2016 planning, but the summary above is worth the bump. I haven't seen anything posted since the Matagorda meet thread last year.

Did anyone pick up the reins from the Wilson's? Any planning for a 2017 meet?

Cheers!

Yea, I've not heard any updates about this either.....granted, I have been on a hiatus for a while.

:poke:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Figured it out... MattCowSmasher found the 2017 event on Facebook, but there was a simple typo in the contact email.

Anyway, if you send a note to [email protected] , you will get a nice bit of info from the organizers. Sounds pretty well organized, including RV space for long distance attendees.

Cost is $25 for participation on Saturday only (gets you a tee-shirt, too), and other rates are listed for those staying longer, needing hotel, RV space etc.

THE 9TH ANNUAL TEXAS NISSAN TRUCK MEET!!!

*****PLEASE READ COMPLETELY*****

THE DATES: Friday March 31 through Sunday April 2, 2017.

LOCATION: 3790 Cedar Ridge Park Rd, Temple, TX 76502. Cedar Ridge Park—Turkey Roost (group camping area) just outside of Belton, TX.

REGISTRATION DUE: March 1st​

Send an email to [email protected] , for complete info.

Cheers!

Reactions: Titan-ization

·
Registered
942 Posts
Figured it out... MattCowSmasher found the 2017 event on Facebook, but there was a simple typo in the contact email.

Anyway, if you send a note to [email protected] , you will get a nice bit of info from the organizers. Sounds pretty well organized, including RV space for long distance attendees.

Cost is $25 for participation on Saturday only (gets you a tee-shirt, too), and other rates are listed for those staying longer, needing hotel, RV space etc.

THE 9TH ANNUAL TEXAS NISSAN TRUCK MEET!!!

*****PLEASE READ COMPLETELY*****

THE DATES: Friday March 31 through Sunday April 2, 2017.

LOCATION: 3790 Cedar Ridge Park Rd, Temple, TX 76502. Cedar Ridge Park—Turkey Roost (group camping area) just outside of Belton, TX.

REGISTRATION DUE: March 1st​

Send an email to [email protected] , for complete info.

Cheers!

Cool! appreciate the update. Will have to see if my work schedule will allow me to attend this year.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts