Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Ha ha ha... I live in Manhattan. I seem to recall that an APARTMENT recently sold for $35 million! Only in NY! :eeeek:

·
Registered
356 Posts
The $10,000 looks like the ones I buy in Covington, KY. Fix them up and they make good Section 8 rentals. We usually do new wiring, HVAC, drywall, windows, etc. in them to update them. Most of the ones available now are in the low $20,000 range, but look similar to that one.

·
Super Moderator
159,625 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Here in Valley Center, KS the cheapest are about $40k and are beat up 2 bed 1 baths... the most expensive (other than land) is about a Million or so...but a million dollar house here is probably around 8,000 square feet and has a LOT of land with it...like hundreds of acres...so there's no way to see it unless you live there or are invited.

Kansas is a decent place to live if you don't mind the climate. The housing here is the cheapest I've seen it anywhere. The suburbs around Wichita are great places to raise children.

Also, land is dirt cheap here. no pun intended. You can build a decent 3 bed 2 bath house with 3 car garage and many extras for about $150,000, or buy one for about 125,000.... either new or used. I got my 3 bed 2 bath 2 car attached on half acre, 1650 sq. ft. built in 1965 but in excellent condition on a corner lot for 100k a few years back, now they're selling for about 125,000 or so.

·
Registered
976 Posts
here in Solano County, California you don't want to look at anything below $350K , the sky is the limit after that. The average home starts at about $250-$300 per square foot, f'in crazy!

·
Registered
976 Posts
kellyj00 said:
I'd move if houses were that expensive.
How do you live out in California? Gas is way higher, housing is nuts... I mean, geez!
i ask myself that question at least once a week. The average wage is higher here then elsewhere, so that helps, but it all pretty much gets eat'n up with cost of living. There certainly are cheaper areas to live here, but it would usually then involve a ridiculous commute to work.

·
Registered
336 Posts
That 1st shanty looks like any old house in the North End of Springfield Mass. At least the houses from hell they have been putting in the paper every Sunday.

·
Registered
478 Posts
the best I could find were...

Cheapest: $162,000 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 828 square feet.

Most expensive: $14,500,000, 20,000 square feet, 12,000 bottle wine cellar, upper level pool that flows into a lower level pool. Lost more crazy ****.

We live in a normal 3,000 square foot home, 5 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, pool, 3 car garage and our house is $525,000. I don't know what normal middle class homes go for in all your communities.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts