Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Don't get it if you do now want a radio in the vehicle that could make the neighbors wet the bed at 2AM!

It has to be the best sounding radio I have heard STOCK in any vehicle.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I ordered mine with the RF setup. Mainly because I really enjoy a good stereo sound. Plus, I'm in the truck a lot during the the day driving back and forth to work.

ARCANGEL said:
Anybody else out there have any opinions???

·
Registered
780 Posts
yes

of course!
no such thing as too much horsepower or clear wattage in stereo.

·
Registered
202 Posts
ARCANGEL said:
Is the rf system worth it or is the extra $$$$ wasted??

I'm picking mine up with the RF today. I listened to them all and thought the RF was the best sound system of any of the pickups. Doing a better aftermarket system will not be easy in the Titan.

JS02
04 Titan SE 4X4 Galaxy Black
OffRoad, Big Tow, Utility Bed, RF, splashguards, floormats

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hmmm, I've got a 6 cd changer thing in mine - but I'm pretty certain its NOT the Robert fosgate. Whatever I have is quite sufficient for me ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
ARCANGEL said:
I agree with Doghouse that the RF system is the best stock stereo system I have ever heard. I think it is worth it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
ARCANGEL said:

You must listen. I personally did not like it. I thought the sub was sloppy. Now I did not spend a lot of time messing with it, so maybe I got the wrong impression.

I ended up with the non-Fosgate system and think for CD play back it does a OK job that I can live with.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
I don't like it much myself..CD's sound good but the radio doesn't sound that great at all.. I wish it remembered settings (bass,treble,mid) for the CD and radio so you don't have to adjust all the time when you switch back and fourth...

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have RF system in my truck and it rocks! I have been impressed with it so far, except that it can't play MP3 cds, however the radio picks up many stations I didn't know existed before. My aftermarket head unit in my other truck can't come close to the number of stations and clarity of the sound. Driving is less stressful because I can enjoy the music,even when sitting in a traffic jam. I agree that you should hear it before deciding whether its worth the money.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Regarding the RF, if you are really into stereo's you should. If you're not really into it, the 6 CD pop package stereo seems fine. (Mine seems to be able to make my ears bleed.)

so, if it's important to you, do it. If not, save the cash.

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you do not like the way the FM reception is on the TITAN, with the RF system, PLEASE CALL NISSAN!

Once the number of calls reach a certian level, they will have their engineers look into it. I have called, and they are looking for this kind of information so that they can fix any of the small issues to make this a superior truck in all aspects.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
PA Titan said:
I have RF system in my truck and it rocks! I have been impressed with it so far, except that it can't play MP3 cds, however the radio picks up many stations I didn't know existed before. My aftermarket head unit in my other truck can't come close to the number of stations and clarity of the sound. Driving is less stressful because I can enjoy the music,even when sitting in a traffic jam. I agree that you should hear it before deciding whether its worth the money.
PA Titan You are the only one I have herd from that is getting great Reception from RF system! What model to you have SE or LE? My LE should be here any day now I hope it sounds like yours! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I did not get the RF in my truck but from all the post I have read the problem and it seems to be in the FM reception in both stereos. My Dodge had the same problem but my new Toyota has great FM reception. It has the new short antenna on the back hood while the dodge had the standard. Is anyone getting good FM reception? Hey Deepwater, thanks again to 70boss, my truck is now in NNA status YAHOO. That is ready to ship. I am sure you will get yours before me but I will be right behind you. I hope to get it before my birthday on the 16th. My present to me. Can't wait!! :hat:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I am not having any problems with reception in the Chicago area. Of course that could simply be that there are so many stations that they boost their signals so much in order to be heard.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I get way better FM reception with the RF system than I did with my aftermarket custom system in my other truck. The station I listen to most is 30 road miles away from where I live. The Titan's stereo picks it up great, while my other stereo did not. I am very pleased with the FM reception. The only thing that could be a little better in my opinion is the bass. It vibrates the seat pretty good, but does sound a tad bit distorted at high volume. The bass could have a little more undistorted thump. But overall, I'm very pleased with it and glad I got it instead of the regular stereo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts