Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have one installed, I will take one today after work. It's raining here in Houston but hopefully I can get a shot of it.
Awesome! Cant wait to see the pic. Also, how do you like it?? One more question, how does the install work?? I was thinking about this. The Titans have 2 pcv valves, 1 on each valve cover. But, the CC only has 1 inlet. So, did you route the 2 hoses from the pcv valves to a connector that goes in to 1 hose and then that hose to the 1 inlet on the CC?? :confused:

Thank you! :teethmast

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I ordered my catch can, $75 shipped with the TT group buy discount. It cost me $5 more cuz I added a glass sight tube window. Here is what I ordered...

Stage 1 Single OCC
Welded 3/8 inlet/outlet
Rotation #7 on both in/out
2 hole formed bracket mount
"Red" canister with a "Black" Saikou Michi Sticker
glass sight tube window

·
Registered
407 Posts
Here are some pic, sorry I didn't have my digital cam on me.
I connected both pcv values through the inlet using T connectors. And the same for the outlet.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I couldn't give a full evaluation of it just yet because I only installed it a month ago but I will be checking on how much its filtering out at the end of the month. I didn't get the glass window but now wish I had.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Awesome, pics! Thank you. Do these catch cans come with installation instructions? I'm a little confused how the hoses are supposed to be routed. Trying to see in your pics how your routed the hoses. Looks like the bottom nipple hoses route to a "T" connector to a black rail looking thing on top of the engine. Not sure where the other hose is going under the intake tube, probably to the other side on top again. Then it looks like the hoses from top nipple on the can are routed to the pcv valves on the valve covers??

All that sound how it is?? LOL!! :confused: :ftard:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Awesome, pics! Thank you. Do these catch cans come with installation instructions? I'm a little confused how the hoses are supposed to be routed. Trying to see in your pics how your routed the hoses. Looks like the bottom nipple hoses route to a "T" connector to a black rail looking thing on top of the engine. Not sure where the other hose is going under the intake tube, probably to the other side on top again. Then it looks like the hoses from top nipple on the can are routed to the pcv valves on the valve covers??

All that sound how it is?? LOL!! :confused: :ftard:

Your welcome and the can comes with directions but I used another way that I seen on here, on how to set it up.

You will have a hose running from the pcv valve's to the top of the catch can, to filter out the trash. As you see where the pcv valve connects to the vacuum is the place where you have the second hoses connected to the flow out the clean the air. I hope I explained that good enough but if you need some pictures or help just let me know.

You will need to of the T's and 12 clamps, also about 8 or 9 feet of fuel hose.

You have a great looking truck man!!
Thanks man, but you have one of the best looking trucks on here :teethmast

Reactions: jpac811

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My bad! I've been gone for a little, TDY and what not. :eyebrow:

Here are all my pics!

After this much time

I got this much oil

Review: Its awesome, if you dont have one, you're not winning...

THE END :teeth:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I know gizmo might know better then me, but I heard that its good to drain it when you do your oil change.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Perfect! Thanks for the responses and helpful information, appreciate it! :) I'll probably get mine by next weekend. I'll post pics once I install it. I like the color scheme of your cans. I got a red can and a black sticker! :D

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Got my catch can delivered today! I really like how the red can came out. Its a darker red like my T, red brawn. It pretty much matches it. :D

Reactions: gizmo5

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Got the catch can installed. I mounted it where everyone else did. Its an easy place and plenty of room. Install was pretty easy. The worm clamps are the biggest pita, not too bad i guess but annoying. I also put black silicone around the nipples of the brass T connectors, extra precaution. I also changed out the pet**** to a 1/4 turn valve and an extended nipple. I am going to run the extra fuel hose i have down near the oil filter. Make it easier when i change oil, just turn the valve and let it drain in to my oil pan! :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Looks good and also good idea on running the exact hose down near the oil filter, I think this week I will be doing the say thing. :teethmast

Got the catch can installed. I mounted it where everyone else did. Its an easy place and plenty of room. Install was pretty easy. The worm clamps are the biggest pita, not too bad i guess but annoying. I also put black silicone around the nipples of the brass T connectors, extra precaution. I also changed out the pet**** to a 1/4 turn valve and an extended nipple. I am going to run the extra fuel hose i have down near the oil filter. Make it easier when i change oil, just turn the valve and let it drain in to my oil pan! :D

Reactions: tcoche

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Looks good and also good idea on running the exact hose down near the oil filter, I think this week I will be doing the say thing. :teethmast
Thanks! If you want to change your drain valve. Go to harbor freight for the 1/4 turn valve. I went everywhere, Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Autozone, NAPA Auto Parts and PepBoys...No joke! I went all over on a mission...lol!! No one carried these small valves.

So I figured since I have about 10'' of fuel line left over I would run the hose near the oil filter. :redblob"

Reactions: thatboijdub
21 - 40 of 55 Posts