·
Registered
7,353 Posts
that's pretty kool

Reactions: SpeedyTitan

·
Registered
428 Posts
Awesome, you may have started something.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... Sorry for the crappy Cell phone pics.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
how did you plug them in ? looks pretty shweet my friend, be careful man i beleive its a felony here in fl to have blue lights, I know its illegal but Im not sure what the charge is. I can already see an anti-christ d-bag trooper pulling you over for that...

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how did you plug them in ? looks pretty shweet my friend, be careful man i beleive its a felony here in fl to have blue lights, I know its illegal but Im not sure what the charge is. I can already see an anti-christ d-bag trooper pulling you over for that...
Thanks man,

I plugged a 100watt inverter into the cigarette lighter outlet in the bed and the lights plug into it.

If you don't have the outlet in your bed you can plug the inverter to the inside outlet and just run an extension cord out to the bed.

Also I thought about the blue/red light law, but I am hoping that if an cop has a problem with it, they just tell me to turn them off.

It looks awesome going down the road though...:teethmast:teethmast:teethmast

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
What kinda clip did you use to attatch them to the utiitrac rails?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
That's cool man...Mine will be decked out this weekend.

I'm pulling my friends fully restored 1968 Chris Craft in the Delray Christmas Parade on Saturday night.

I'm thinking about putting a tree on top of the tonneau and draping some icicles around the bed :)

I will be taking pictures though as there are thousands of people there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
i like the blue LED bulbs, those are sweet.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What kinda clip did you use to attatch them to the utiitrac rails?
These are the clips I used. I found these at Target. On the side rails they fit perfect, on the front rail I had to trim the clips a little.

When you look at the image on the box of clips, the part that they show holding the light, is the part that clips onto the rails. The other part which is meant to go under roof shingles, is the part where I pushed the light through.

Hope this helps.

Again sorry for the crappy pics, but you get the idea.

GEDC0251.jpg

GEDC0248.jpg

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's cool man...Mine will be decked out this weekend.

I'm pulling my friends fully restored 1968 Chris Craft in the Delray Christmas Parade on Saturday night.

I'm thinking about putting a tree on top of the tonneau and draping some icicles around the bed :)

I will be taking pictures though as there are thousands of people there :thumbsup:
That should look nice... I bet that 68 Chris Craft is a beauty as well.

I'll be looking forward to the pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts