Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A paper I wrote in 1999

Attachments

·
Premium Member
92,279 Posts
Well, don't keep us in suspense. What grade did you get on it?

Interesting. Everyone thinks it started in the 60's. A salute to all those who serve, then and now.

flagus5.gif

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got an A, but I was 51 when I went back to school, the lady that taught english was a few years younger than I, and I think she had a crush on me.:jester:

·
Premium Member
92,279 Posts
I could have used that advantage when I was in school......... :hat:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Do you think the Johnson admin and the dem congress knew that the rich would be able to keep their sons out of the war?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Interesting and very well written. I have stated on here before that American History, from WWII to present was something that was NOT covered very well while I was in high school (graduated 2000-which makes me 24 years old). The Vietnam War was not covered at all, nor were the presidencies of Nixon/Johnson/Reagan/Kennedy/Bush Sr. We did take a trip to D.C. and saw the Wall and what not, but the war was never really explained. I wonder if the education system has failed in other parts of the country as well to cover this very important part of OUR history?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
History is always written from someone's perspective, Hollywood's version of history is what most Americans see and believe.
I study the Civil War in school, in the 50s and 60s. In about 1977, I was at an estate sale and found a book on the Civil War written in 1877. Reading it and remembering what I had studied, it didn't even seem like the same event.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts