Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few teaser pics for a customer.

HIDs + real xenon projectors = awesome

Yes the light is dusty. I soda blast all the lights, and this one is just an extra that got a little covered :)

I will update pics as progress is made.

Dan

·
Registered
626 Posts
will these have autoleveling to deal with the wicked glare that can occur when the truck is loaded or has tongue weight? (won't matter if the owner never uses his truck as a TRUCK)

Reactions: dangerdan87

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These will not. I have extra light sets from some higher end cars that have the auto leveling that I'm going to try to make a setup to have a leveling system that isn't auto, but in cab adjustable for when a load is applied.

·
Registered
792 Posts
What projectors are you using? I've seen that it's pretty common to use projectors from Acura...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These ones are called morimoto minis. They are really simple to install and are made to usually not need cutting. The acura ones are quite popular as well as lexus or s2000 also. Those all require cutting and more custom work, but are quite sweet when done right.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will these have autoleveling to deal with the wicked glare that can occur when the truck is loaded or has tongue weight? (won't matter if the owner never uses his truck as a TRUCK)
Also there is lots of horrible glare with hids in lights that didn't have them originally, such as the titan lights. That can be all the time, even when the truck is level and unloaded. That seems more of a pain to me personally when I'm in my car and have a truck behind me with a ton of bright light all over the place and blinding me from every angle.

Yeah these will be quite bright due to the light being much more focused, but might as well get the most of the hids. Plus you get the fun bouncing cutoff line :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Also there is lots of horrible glare with hids in lights that didn't have them originally, such as the titan lights. That can be all the time, even when the truck is level and unloaded. That seems more of a pain to me personally when I'm in my car and have a truck behind me with a ton of bright light all over the place and blinding me from every angle.

Yeah these will be quite bright due to the light being much more focused, but might as well get the most of the hids. Plus you get the fun bouncing cutoff line :)
The "glare" will be even worse for other drivers when the truck is out of level and the focused, intense projector HID light is blinding them.

Think about why trucks don't have projector HID's from OEM....only SUV's get 'em because those SUV's either have projector levelers or leveling rear suspension.

I do agree that HID retrofits in a regular Titan headlight is bad, I had 'em for 4 days and took 'em out, I was afraid I'd get shot at eventually. Just not thinking the projectors will be any better, different, yes....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The "glare" will be even worse for other drivers when the truck is out of level and the focused, intense projector HID light is blinding them.

Think about why trucks don't have projector HID's from OEM....only SUV's get 'em because those SUV's either have projector levelers or leveling rear suspension.

I do agree that HID retrofits in a regular Titan headlight is bad, I had 'em for 4 days and took 'em out, I was afraid I'd get shot at eventually. Just not thinking the projectors will be any better, different, yes....
Yeah I agree it will suck for other drivers sometimes as well, but if HIDs are what someone is wanting may as well actually use the light. Really to each his own. I'm quite excited for them. Different is always more fun. These would be great for someone that is dropped and is closer to the level of a car.

I'm going to test fit these in my friends truck before I send them out and I will do a personal test just for the heck of it to see how blinding it is :)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
that looks sick dude. ive never had any problems with my HIDs in stock housing as far as blinding people my buddies never complain when I pass them or am behind them. Some people are just whiney....:teethmast

keep us updated

Reactions: jpac811

·
Registered
315 Posts

Man it all has to do with the adjustment. If you do 35W HID retro vs a 55W and aim them properly its not as bad as you make it out to be.

These are nice! If you just mount them right there wont be any glare out of a projector. Done right this is twice as good. There was a guy on here years ago that showed his cutoff lines vs a HID retro and it night vs day.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Man it all has to do with the adjustment. If you do 35W HID retro vs a 55W and aim them properly its not as bad as you make it out to be.
What you just said reinforces my statement: they will NOT be aimed properly when the truck is loaded! That is why Cadillac Escalade has HID's but EXT does not. Because it is a truck and keeping a truck level for HIDs is not feasible, not even the OEM's attempt this.

But I will say, sorry to sound like a disser because your retrofit OP looks great. I gotta say you are doing a good job doing it, but unfortunately a truck is the worst platform for HID projectors, as if HID retro's aren't bad enough in a Titan....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well let's just continue this thread as a thread showing what's involved and just that. No need to argue. Everyone has opinions on topics like this.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
What you just said reinforces my statement: they will NOT be aimed properly when the truck is loaded! That is why Cadillac Escalade has HID's but EXT does not. Because it is a truck and keeping a truck level for HIDs is not feasible, not even the OEM's attempt this.
honestly... who gives a fck? i have HIDs in my OEM housing now and the light dispersion is all over the effin place. least with these retrofit they'll still be way better than what i'm rolling with now even if the rear end is loaded down. so, however reinforced your statement is i for one DGAF!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts