Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's an exact quote from dodge truck world:

"In the real marketplace and in the real world, Titans do not offer value for money, they are not at all good looking, and they don't have the hEMI's power. Three strikes, you're out, Nissan."

damnn, this guy is saying that the TITAN doesnt offer value for the money and he owns a ram? wow, im goin over there to raise some hell.
(packin my 2 M-4's)

·
Registered
266 Posts
*shrug*

Ta hell with em. =)

You've seen the guys in the comercial, "That thing gotta a hemi?". C'mon, do you really take stock into what he's saying? ;)

TITAN21 said:

"In the real marketplace and in the real world, Titans do not offer value for money, they are not at all good looking, and they don't have the hEMI's power. Three strikes, you're out, Nissan."

damnn, this guy is saying that the TITAN doesnt offer value for the money
and he owns a ram? wow, im goin over there to raise some hell.
(packin my 2 M-4's)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Give us a link! It sounds like sour grapes to me. Either he saw the performance stats of the Titan vs the Hemi and he's trying to justify his purchase, or he actually met up with a Titan and thought "I gotta Hemi!" Then saw Titan taillights and is angry. Anyways, give us the link.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Funny

I think these guys are funny. Every published comparison shows the POWER of the Titan...clearly superior in every way to the Dodge powertrain. UGLY?? I have seen this over and over....I guess it is a last resort to complain, they can't knock the powertrain, or the price, or value...so the only thing they can say is "Ugly". We all know different. the design is very nice, and sculpted when seen in person. Pictures do not do the truck justice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll tell you one thing thats funny. None of these guys have gotten close to me in my titan. I don't me racing - I mean these Domestic truck guys will not
Come up behind me at a stop light - they'll slow down and coast waaaayyyyy back there to save themselves embarassment. Anyone else notice that?
Its really far to amusing :jester:

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah, da truth (about ram hemis) hurt (them)

yeah, da truth (about ram hemis) hurt (them).
true, da ram has good looks, but so does our Titan and 'tis is subjective, obviously.
it's veritiable that the Titan is the faster and costs way, like waaaayyyy, less precious dough$.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
pluckyew said:
yeah, da truth (about ram hemis) hurt (them).
true, da ram has good looks, but so does our Titan and 'tis is subjective, obviously.
it's veritiable that the Titan is the faster and costs way, like waaaayyyy, less precious dough$.
hey guys i went down to dealer in tn (dodge dealer), to see what the deal was with the dodge. in my defense before i say anything, i own a titan but i was suprised after driving the dodge. the power was good but not as good as the titan until it was about 2500 rpm. the interior seemed nice and the options were close, but you do not get the utility bed package. the truck i drove had 20's and the ride was very good. the back seat suffered severly due to the longer bed, but the appearance was very nice. overall i did not give the dodge a fair chance before buying my titan. i should have waited because i only got 1800 below msrp. the dodge wouls have been my second choice over the f150. why? because the dodge is an all around vehicle, i think but listen to this when i went and drove the dodge they were trying to see if i would trade and i said, let me hear the deal. the offered me a 04 dodge fully loaded with 20's everything but leather. 35, 987 retail they said they would sell me that truck for invoice plus 3750 cash back plus 0% for 48 months. how can they sell a vehicle like that. ive talked to a couple dodge owners and the gas mileage is terrible and i hear about the hemi having a problem with valve springs. the titan was my first choice i did drive the ford and chevy but did not even drive the dodge until after the purchase of my titan. i like my titan i was just dissappionted when i was offered that kind of a deal which would have saved me about 10,000 between financing and everything. did i do the right thing? who knows but dodge does have an attractive truck less than any other truck. we will see if the hemi is reliable but the dodge is a good deal if they woulg inprove on the gas mileage??? :cheers:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think you have to give Dodge some credit...

I haven't purchased yet, but I'm certainly going to give the RAM it's fair shake. Primarily because I think it has the best config between cab space and bed space. This seems to be my biggest hangup, as well as the poor seats in all the trucks(F-150, Titan, RAM).

Really wish Nissan would've either increased the KC space or reduced the CC to at least offer a 6' bed with a decently sized back seat. Hard to swallow that 5.5' bed and the KC is barely large enough for my 4 year old. I'm 6'1" and like my space, especially on long trips.

Nissan has also "punished" those of us who prefer the bench seat, limiting it's packages and features...no power bench?...also hard to swallow.

Don't get me wrong...I'm driving an Acura Legend coupe right now and Love the "sport" feel and quickness of the Titan and its cockpit.

Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just read the posts over there. Pretty funny, actually...

These are the same guys who probably think that the Harley V-Rod is the fastest, baddest motorcycle on the road, too... Yet, my little 600cc Suzuki would smoke it with no problem... :jester:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
TITAN21 said:

damnn, this guy is saying that the TITAN doesnt offer value for the money and he owns a ram? wow, im goin over there to raise some hell.
(packin my 2 M-4's)
I had a dream last night that I was sitting at a stop light when two uneducated looking guys pulled up in the lane next to me in a hemi and yelled, " you gotta hemi in there?" To which I replied, "nope, but I'm still gonna smoke your a**"

·
Registered
169 Posts
There are several good points about the Ram Hemi. The truck does make great power, but doesn't jump off of the line like the Titan. They offer heated leather bench seats a 7/70 powertrain warranty and a longer bed.

Now against the ram, I'd bet they'll depreciate faster than a Titan. The back seat room isn't as good as the crew cab Titan. A loaded Titan has more amenities than a loaded Ram. The approach and departure angles are better on the Titan for off-roading. The 20s look nice on the Ram, but I would be afraid to use it offroad because of those. The Ram is powerful, but the Titan puts the power to the ground better, making it faster. Reliability is a big one. I own a Dodge Dakota right now and from my experience, I would worry about what your going to be stuck with once the truck is out of the 7/70. Dodge isn't building a good reputation for correcting its problems. If you want to see a glaring example, do an internet search on the Dakota or Durango and ball joints. I think the Dodge is the second most fun to drive, but I would have buyers remorse because of Quality. My second choice would be a Tundra with a Supercharger.

·
Registered
47 Posts
BadMo said:
I think you have to give Dodge some credit...

Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Nissan, and Toyota all deserve credit. Each has +'s ... and -'s. No truck is exceptionally better than the next.

Some of the Dodge owners in that thread obviously have insecurity issues buying a big bad Dodge with a Hemi did not fix. :crying: Maybe they should have spent their money on shoes with risers or cosmetic enhancements.

Don't stoop to their level. :cheers:

·
Registered
780 Posts
chrysler's jeep wranger

i've owned two (1995 & 2000) new chrysler wranger I6s in the past eight years.
while the OLD technology of the little wranger (which we still like, 2nd favorate car, after the Titan) powertrain has never left us stranded, we can attest to the barely "fair" build quality (2000) & its lousy milage (from mile 50 on) or the annoying not-so-realiablilty of the 1995's transfer case (used to make horrid grinding noises for awhile after disengaing 4wd lo. the first time it freaked us out! :teethmast ).

while nothing major, these and other observations about chrysler products would suggest that the cute wranger is not in the same reliablity category of our still rugged 1986 NISSAN 720 4x4 or that of my old mule subaru 4x4 wagon. so i'd think twice about a ram (unless it's a 2004.5 Cummins engine..but then a 3500 ram "tow" truck would be very heavily inefficient for off-road use)

·
Registered
163 Posts
stevnmd said:
I just read the posts over there. Pretty funny, actually...

These are the same guys who probably think that the Harley V-Rod is the fastest, baddest motorcycle on the road, too... :jester:
You mean its not? :huh: I gotta go do some more research then... :lol:

·
Registered
473 Posts
What I think is interesting is that all they have to talk about is how bad the TItan is. It appears that we have more to talk about, new features, how to, likes, dislikes, problems, solutions, and Dealers.

Do they not like their trucks that much, that they only talk about titans?

To H with um. Be glad you made the decision right for you!

My answer: Refer to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's Song

well I call it like I see it,
and you could never be it,
your eyes are always closed
you can’t see beyond your nose
you know you wrong
(you know you wrong)
you know you wrong
(you know you wrong)

I say I don’t wanna fight, cause you are never right!!
You know you wrong
(you know you wrong)
you know you wrong!

:clap:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I just couldn't stand it any longer and had to add my $0.02 on that Dodge Hemi board...as newtruck. This brings to mind a saying I read once, I just wish I had come up with it..."Never argue with an idiot, as they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
They say immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. In reference to that I can't wait to see the redesign of the Tundra when it comes out in '05 or whenever. I'm sure you'll see a utiltrac type system, factory bed liner, 305+ horsepower, 12v outlet in the bed, 5 speed automatic, disc brakes on all wheels and on and on and on. So if Tundra owners downplay all of these things on the Titan now, they will have to do the same when it shows up on the Tundra in '05! :deathsent

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yea go purchase that piece of **** dodge over the titan, if you want to drive a neon rental, when your big investment is in the shop being repaired, and the mechanics tell ya they don't know what is wrong with it, just go to there forums and read, read, read !!!!!!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Tundra 05

someone said 2005 tundra will have 5.8l v8 with 360 horses.
competition's good.
good for Nissan for really stirring up the competition, cause their isn't any this year 2004, esp if you're a half-ton pickup 4x4 off road enthusiast
i like having something so unique and special.
it took me owning an old '86 nissan compact truck (4x4 720) to get introduced to nissan: glad i did

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.